• The KillerFrogs

Recent coach firings of some interest, maybe

CryptoMiner

taking that job is akin to being the dc for patterson

not your scheme, not your recruits, and I suspect not worth the grief

Like I said I think the next stop for Riley is a HC position. Fisher will have to let go of the offense if he is going to hire a decent OC but doubt it will be Garret.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Live in Alabama and yes many aren’t happy but hey they got the guy who’s beaten saban so all is forgiven I guess‍♂️
Yes, I am by no means considered to be an influencer, but from my limited book face postings, I’m reading former Miss America just came out and trashed the Auburn hiring as well as multiple others. Lots of unhappy people. Lots.

4 Oaks Frog

Familiar names on the list of Tulsa coaching candidates:

"As the University of Tulsa launches its search for a head football coach, here are a few of the names who could emerge as candidates:

Justin Fuente: A former Union and OU quarterback and formerly the head coach at Memphis and Virginia Tech.

Joe Gillespie: The former TU defensive coordinator now coordinates unbeaten TCU’s defense.

• G.J. Kinne: The Incarnate Word head coach is a former TU quarterback who was on the Hurricane roster as recently as 2011.

• Seth Littrell: The North Texas head coach was a football star in his hometown of Muskogee and a team-captain member of OU’s 2000 national championship team.

• Loren Montgomery: As the Bixby head coach, Montgomery built a dynasty that recorded 58-game win streak and this week bids for its eighth state title in nine years.

• Brennan Marion: A former Hurricane star wide receiver and current the receivers coach at Texas.

• Barry Odom: The Missouri head coach in 2016-19 and the Arkansas defensive coordinator since 2020.

Garret Riley: Lincoln Riley’s younger brother is the TCU offensive coordinator. At 33, Garret Riley and Kinne are the same age. Garret Riley previously was an assistant at East Carolina, Kansas, Appalachian State and SMU.

• Matt Wells: Wells was a Tulsa assistant in 2002-06 and for nine seasons was a major-college head coach (in 2013-18 at Utah State and in 2019-21 at Texas Tech). This season, Wells is an offensive analyst at OU.

• Holman Wiggins: Alabama’s wide receivers coach. In 2011, as a member of Bill Blankenship’s Tulsa staff, Wiggins coach the Hurricane H-backs. This year, Wiggins was the primary recruiter of Owasso receiver Cole Adams, who committed to the Crimson Tide after having considered OU and Arkansas as finalists."

TCU…PAY RILEY & PAY HIM RIGHT NOW!!!

gofor2

To me, it was much bigger when Whisky hired Cincinnati coach Luke Fickel.
Sure, it's a big pay increase and more "prestige", but to bolt his program now before a pending conference jump? That is some yellow [ Finebaum ].

I think he bailed on his program before they started taking regular beatings in the Big 12, which coincidentally, would hurt his resume and value.

gofor2

Ha, I didn't even read the article. Lots of really bad stuff has gone on at that university, led by the administration.
neither did I. I just saw the lead-in text and photo. That's just straight click bait.

It's the website version of that idiot Finebaum, spouting drivel so that he gets views. The sad thing is that it works and that's why the tactic is used.

Sebastian S

If we win it all, I don’t care who goes where.

I can’t argue against any coaches we have leaving for better opportunities to take care of themselves and their family.

If Sonny is asked to replace saban at bama… go ahead coach, thank you.

Jokes aside aside, let’s win the next one!

Go Frogs!