• The KillerFrogs

Defense Needs to Figure it Out Before Halftime

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
If we're going to survive this gauntlet to end the season the defense has got to figure out the opposing offense before going into the locker room at halftime. However, there is no doubt that if this team keeps it close at half we can make the changes and have the offensive firepower to win games. I just wish I didn't have to buy more Tums every Sunday.

DeuceBoogieNights

Why do we think that Gillespie can excel at half time adjustments but can't put together a game plan where the defense doesn't look mediocre in the first half? It's night and day.

Horny4TCU

I really don't know if Gillepsie is the guy. I know we need better personnel for the 3-3-5, but come on. How can we not be ready at the start of game? He is getting out coached at the start of every game.

vicarfrog

Y'all...seriously. We won the game. Our offense is bad to the bone. Our defense has vastly improved from last year. We're a top 10 team.

We are who we are, and that's already way better than the last 5 years. So buckle up, take your Pepcid before the game, supplement it with tums at half-time, and then keep watching.

PineyWoodsFrog

Y'all...seriously. We won the game. Our offense is bad to the bone. Our defense has vastly improved from last year. We're a top 10 team.

We are who we are, and that's already way better than the last 5 years. So buckle up, take your Pepcid before the game, supplement it with tums at half-time, and then keep watching.
Statistically, we've seen a little improvement on defense, but the same issues are plaguing us that have plagued us in recent years - constant missed tackles, diving at ball-carriers when it's totally unnecessary, holes all over the secondary, and when we are able to stay with receivers, we either don't turn around for the ball or we get out-muscled for it. Where exactly are the improvements?

vicarfrog

Statistically, we've seen a little improvement on defense, but the same issues are plaguing us that have plagued us in recent years - constant missed tackles, diving at ball-carriers when it's totally unnecessary, holes all over the secondary, and when we are able to stay with receivers, we either don't turn around for the ball or we get out-muscled for it. Where exactly are the improvements?

Look at stats from last year and this year. We’re making some stops we wouldn’t have made last year. Yes, we need to get better. But good grief, we’re having a fun season.

puckster59

It's almost as if the players have no clue what they're supposed to be doing for two quarters and then the light comes on at halftime. I do have to say they earned it today, though. The Neers had the ball for more than 36 minutes.

tyler durden

Tyler Durden
Used to go to the bank with my grandfather as a little kid. The teller would count out the bills to him on his withdrawal. He’d always reply, it’s all there, but just barely.

Relax, dude. We winnin’, we grinnin’.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
Some of yall have zero clues. We literally chgd the defense to 335 with 425 personnel and some portal guys. We have the toughest SOS in the country. We are not in the MWC anymore. It will take time. In the meantime, we are finding ways to make important stops in the 2nd half. Enjoy it!
Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the heck out of this ride, but while this defense has shown they have what it takes to shut down some of the best offenses in the league but they just haven't put it together in the first half. When they do, it will be one heck of a show.

It's almost as if the players have no clue what they're supposed to be doing for two quarters and then the light comes on at halftime. I do have to say they earned it today, though. The Neers had the ball for more than 36 minutes.
On the one hand, there is certainly something going on early in games but on the other, it's not for the most part egregious examples of blown coverages and the like. A lot of it early today we had players in position but they just failed to make the tackle. Also, we've had injuries at two of the safety positions that has made it sort of a revolving door and there is a particular player in that rotation that has played just as bad for this staff as he did the last. Bradford should be back next game and hopefully they can start accelerating the adjustment process.