• The KillerFrogs

Game Day Oct. 15th, 2022: 8 Oklahoma State Vs 13 TCU

MadFrog

1st OT and OSU has 4th and long from around the 20. Who was the TCU player who was in on the tackle and started celebrating a victory thinking they had to score or the game ws over?

Paradoxotaur

Yeah, that was a weird one. I understand mistakes can be made on live calls due to being at the wrong angles, but there were 2 perfect camera angles that clearly showed he was fully in bounds and about 3 yards past the goal line. The review should have taken less than 30 seconds to get right.

In fact, the booth is calling down and stopping the play already, and should just be able to tell them to overturn the call on the field immediately when it’s that clear.

The comments during games on these threads are mostly reactionary, emotional and whiny. Many are from fickle fans. I have to believe that your wives have burned your man cards in the fire pit because it is embarrassing. Almost nothing attractive about the in-game threads, unless looking for a safe place to cry and whine with others. Gary Patterson‘s two decades of winning spoiled some of this fan base, and you are on the game threads with no overall long perspective.

In the end, TCU won and tallied 510 yards of offense to Oklahoma State’s 386.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Excellent comeback! My poor, old carcass just isn't as resilient as it used to be. Years and mileage...

I up and left at the half. I'd seen enough. I felt that we were unprepared, not only for the game or the weaknesses that OSU would likely exploit, but for the moment. No one was playing particularly well, and they were pressing. I was just sick that such a promising season was evaporating in a cloud of busted plays, overthrown passes, and wide-open OSU receivers 15 yards down the field. That and having to look at the damned OSU QBs mom over and over. She's got a face for radio...
I went out to the barn and wrestled the seed-thrower onto the tractor, and dug my grease gun out of a pile of junk to lube up all the gears and joints. Had some music on to work by, and was forgetting the angst and depression of the game while I continued to find grease nipples in the oddest of places...
I was startled by Mrs. Brewingfrog, who appeared in the door of the Barn (With a fresh beer in hand for me. What a wife!) with a look on her face. "You'd better get in here."
So, I watched the last couple of minutes of regulation, and then overtime. Yay! We won! And my tractor got lubed!

froginmn

Excellent comeback! My poor, old carcass just isn't as resilient as it used to be. Years and mileage...

I up and left at the half. I'd seen enough. I felt that we were unprepared, not only for the game or the weaknesses that OSU would likely exploit, but for the moment. No one was playing particularly well, and they were pressing. I was just sick that such a promising season was evaporating in a cloud of busted plays, overthrown passes, and wide-open OSU receivers 15 yards down the field. That and having to look at the damned OSU QBs mom over and over. She's got a face for radio...
I went out to the barn and wrestled the seed-thrower onto the tractor, and dug my grease gun out of a pile of junk to lube up all the gears and joints. Had some music on to work by, and was forgetting the angst and depression of the game while I continued to find grease nipples in the oddest of places...
I was startled by Mrs. Brewingfrog, who appeared in the door of the Barn (With a fresh beer in hand for me. What a wife!) with a look on her face. "You'd better get in here."
So, I watched the last couple of minutes of regulation, and then overtime. Yay! We won! And my tractor got lubed!
It feels like there were lots of code words in that, and the line "wrestled the seed thrower" made me think it was a story from HASMSP.

Big Frog II

Did you not see the 2015 Alamo Bowl? It's not over till it's over.

Semper frog

The comments during games on these threads are mostly reactionary, emotional and whiny. Many are from fickle fans. I have to believe that your wives have burned your man cards in the fire pit because it is embarrassing. Almost nothing attractive about the in-game threads, unless looking for a safe place to cry and whine with others. Gary Patterson‘s two decades of winning spoiled some of this fan base, and you are on the game threads with no overall long perspective.

In the end, TCU won and tallied 510 yards of offense to Oklahoma State’s 386.
Spot on!

HG73

It feels like there were lots of code words in that, and the line "wrestled the seed thrower" made me think it was a story from HASMSP.
I been known to wrestle with the seed thrower myself.

Great day. Houston buddy up for the game. As usual we head to Angelos for lunch and get ribs to go for later. Get to the Carter way early and putter around for an hour.

Game not going our way. Throw the whole team under the bus with Max in the lead. Threaten to leave for the parking lot with about 5 minutes left in regulation if OSU kicks a FG. They don't and one of the great Frog comebacks unfolds. Lousy field position and officiating don't matter. Our combination QB/fullback Mad Max wills the team on and the defense is quietly playing well. Miller and Johnston are incredible. And the 6'9" white guy that didn't step out of bounds was amazing. All you can do is fight and this team will fight.

Drove the hour trip home and watched the game again. And ate the ribs.

Pharm Frog

1st OT and OSU has 4th and long from around the 20. Who was the TCU player who was in on the tackle and started celebrating a victory thinking they had to score or the game ws over?
I know it can be interpreted that way as I did at first and so did Mrs Pharm. But I think if you see it in slo-mo what you’ll see is a player who is sprinting to the sideline after being banged up on the play and flailing around to get the bench’s attention to get a sub in in case Okie Lite went hurry up at the 1

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
I know it can be interpreted that way as I did at first and so did Mrs Pharm. But I think if you see it in slo-mo what you’ll see is a player who is sprinting to the sideline after being banged up on the play and flailing around to get the bench’s attention to get a sub in in case Okie Lite went hurry up at the 1
That’s how it appeared in the stadium

Horny4TCU

Is tractor lubed what we are calling it now a days?