• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Oklahoma; Sponsored by Stanley Eisenman’s Fine Shoes

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I can't stand the young bucks or anyone in the elite
The Simpsons Boo GIF

Bro they are cool as hell. I met them at a meet&greet, in Vegas of all places. Nick asked me where I was from and when I told him Dallas we talked about the Mavs for like 3 or 4 minutes. They're really laid back.

JogginFrog

Love how the Frogs kept the clock running in the second half while still moving the ball. Max sliding at the end of his run...receivers staying in bounds along the sideline.

And the D, up 31, allowing OU all the 5-yard runs up the middle they want.

Proud to see smart, disciplined football with a big lead. Snuffed that game out like a wick.

Wexahu

Did you not see them? No pressure. Lot of safeties making tackles. There were plenty of open holes to run through. Their pass rush technique is bull rush/stay engaged with the blocker.

It’s no bueno.
I think some of that was the gameplan. Make Gabriel throw the ball, because he isn’t that good at it.

We aren’t going to get many sacks with three guys rushing, that’s just the way it’s gonna be. Sacks are gonna come when we bring extra guys.

JugbandFrog

I think some of that was the gameplan. Make Gabriel throw the ball, because he isn’t that good at it.

We aren’t going to get many sacks with three guys rushing, that’s just the way it’s gonna be. Sacks are gonna come when we bring extra guys.
It’s been like that all year.

Pharm Frog

Did you not see them? No pressure. Lot of safeties making tackles. There were plenty of open holes to run through. Their pass rush technique is bull rush/stay engaged with the blocker.

It’s no bueno.

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the Stack 3. Maybe watch the force players and the way they flow. We called them Bear and Buck backers (which are sometimes safeties) and when the down 3 stayed engaged, it works very well.

JogginFrog

Yep. I like how the Jones-Griffin broadcast team (not sure which one) mentioned that Dykes hired Gillespie because playing against his defenses was always "tough sledding." The 3-3-5 won't be dominating, but no opponent will come away feeling like they got off easy.

Brog

I think you have a fundamental misunderstanding of the Stack 3. Maybe watch the force players and the way they flow. We called them Bear and Buck backers (which are sometimes safeties) and when the down 3 stayed engaged, it works very well.
Hey Pharm, would you mind interpreting what you've just said for the rest of us? Or at least for the impaired among us?