• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Expansion

Double D

Tier 1
KTCK 'THE TICKET' reporting that Arizona St, Arizona, Colorado and UTAH will apply to the BIG 12 sometime today.

Heard several times this morning on the 'The Ticket Ticker'

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
KTCK 'THE TICKET' reporting that Arizona St, Arizona, Colorado and UTAH will apply to the BIG 12 sometime today.

So much for that 30 day negotiating period...

Oh, and nothing like this happens unless it has been worked out beforehand. The announcement and application is the last step of a long process. This means that the TV deal has already been worked out and all the other Big Items have been satisfied to all parties liking.

Champagne icing...

Dogfrog

I don’t believe anything anymore but would love this if true. No matter how the rest of the college football landscape plays out, this would be a high quality conference to be proud of. Plus great venues to travel to. edit: except Lubbock, Waco.

Last edited:

Longhorn from Aledo

I sort of get it that a lot of folks don’t want BYU, but I don’t consider them dead weight. They’re certainly not Notre Dame as they sometimes equivocate themselves to be, but they fill a big stadium and have solid viewership.

Agree on UH.
A tip on interacting with people from UofH. They love it when you refer to their school as Cougar High. You'll make new friends.