• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

froginmn

Episode four about our neighbors - from July 2021

We haven't really talked much with them over the last couple months but found out that they're getting married. And we're invited (?). Awesome...

I joked with my neighbor Tom that she'll probably ask him to walk her down the aisle. Then truth and fiction intersected, and he learned that another neighbor a couple blocks away actually IS walking her down the aisle. After what Tom saw a month ago, do they really need someone to give her away?

A big issue with this is that the date is a home MN Gopher football game. I guess I can't expect her to know the problem that creates for me; they don't know anything about me. Again, why are we invited to this wedding?

The wedding will be at an outdoor site that's about 30 miles from home. 11 am football game; 2:00 ceremony. I'll be going late and taking Tom to the game. Our wives can attend the ceremony and we'll be there for the reception. My wife was less than pleased to find out how early the ceremony was and how much time between ceremony and reception. What's she going to do for 2-3 hours?

Then fate smiled on her and our friends with seats next to us said they'll be out of town and asked if we want their tickets. All four of us will need to miss the ceremony and only make it to the reception.

Paul in uhh

Episode two on our neighbors (from April 2021):

We learned that she's an online fitness instructor but she proves that not all FI's are people you'd like to meet. She's probably 45 and I'd guess he's about 40. This couple apparently got connected online (not clear if through her fitness stuff or some other online site) and then met in Bermuda.

He's clearly somewhere on the autism spectrum. He follows her around like a puppy dog and barely speaks. We learned that another neighbor was invited to their house for dinner; the guy didn't say a word the entire night. Now, she's very social so it isn't shocking that she dominated the conversation, but not a word?

He has two kids who are about 11 and 13 but they apparently live with their mom full time.

Let's just add episode three in here now (from June 2021):

They asked us to sit on their front porch with them and take pictures together, so they could use those photos to help with her visa status (no idea how that helps). They also asked that we write a letter vouching for her and saying we're friends. Fortunately (?) my MIL was very sick and we couldn't attend the porch party. We also have no intention of writing that letter.

Our next door neighbor lives directly across from them. He told us that one evening he looked out the window and saw something he can't un-see. She was sitting on a patio chair in a dress, and at one point he knelt down and lifted the dress... My neighbor stopped watching immediately.

This couple.
Something here is not adding up. I’m suspicious of them (assuming all you say is accurate).

FrogUltimate

I’ve had an across the street neighbor couple that I’ve been confused about since we moved into our house in 2017. I tried to wave to him multiple times and he wouldn’t even wave back and when I did say hello he would just ignore me. Then I would see him playing football in the street with his boys, who have to be about eight and 10 years old, and he couldn’t be more awkward and uncoordinated (they are both a chip off the old block). The wife was attractive and super friendly. It didn’t add up.

I also started to think that maybe he was on the spectrum but I don’t know.

Then sometime during Covid I noticed his car wasn’t there and I didn’t see him as much. Then all of a sudden there’s a cool normal dude parking his car there staying over and the poor spectrum dad is just picking up the boys every other weekend. A divorce has never made more sense to me than this one.
That’s actually pretty depressing

tcudoc

We use a special air mattress for moving certain patients. A high power air jet fills the mattress through a connected hose. We went to hook it up one day and got ineffective filling. Someone examined the hose and saw a large hole where the air was escaping and pointed it out to the group. I looked at it and simply said, "This hose ain't loyal." In a room of about 7 people, one glanced at me, smiled and nodded knowingly. For the rest, it was a complete "whoosh," which was probably best. I was pretty darn proud though. Now I use that line to describe other things such as when the water hose at home breaks or has a leak or if a mechanic is describing a busted hose under my hood. Sharing with the group so you can try it out. Your results may vary.

froginmn

We use a special air mattress for moving certain patients. A high power air jet fills the mattress through a connected hose. We went to hook it up one day and got ineffective filling. Someone examined the hose and saw a large hole where the air was escaping and pointed it out to the group. I looked at it and simply said, "This hose ain't loyal." In a room of about 7 people, one glanced at me, smiled and nodded knowingly. For the rest, it was a complete "whoosh," which was probably best. I was pretty darn proud though. Now I use that line to describe other things such as when the water hose at home breaks or has a leak or if a mechanic is describing a busted hose under my hood. Sharing with the group so you can try it out. Your results may vary.
So I'm going to key off the last part of the lyric and tell another hospital story. Some of the details may be off; my apologies.

My older BIL did his residency at a hospital in downtown Chicago. As I recall him telling the story, this was during (or soon after) a doctor named Loyal Davis was in charge of the residency program there (this also may have been at Northwestern, where Dr. Davis was influential). Loyal was well known and respected (and the father of Nancy Reagan) but apparently didn't make a lot of friends among residents.

After a rough spell with one group, the residents decided to "repay" him. There were a lot of low income patients treated and many babies delivered by the group. It was common to have mothers who didn't want to name their children after the fathers, so many would ask the doctors what their names were. They would all respond similarly: Loyal Davis.

There are probably still a few Loyal Davis Washingtons and Loyal Davis Johnsons in the Chicago area...

SuperBarrFrog

So I'm going to key off the last part of the lyric and tell another hospital story. Some of the details may be off; my apologies.

My older BIL did his residency at a hospital in downtown Chicago. As I recall him telling the story, this was during (or soon after) a doctor named Loyal Davis was in charge of the residency program there (this also may have been at Northwestern, where Dr. Davis was influential). Loyal was well known and respected (and the father of Nancy Reagan) but apparently didn't make a lot of friends among residents.

After a rough spell with one group, the residents decided to "repay" him. There were a lot of low income patients treated and many babies delivered by the group. It was common to have mothers who didn't want to name their children after the fathers, so many would ask the doctors what their names were. They would all respond similarly: Loyal Davis.

There are probably still a few Loyal Davis Washingtons and Loyal Davis Johnsons in the Chicago area...
Weird way to “pay him back.” I‘d personally be honored for anybody to name their child after me.

Paul in uhh

Would be a great way to describe erectile dysfunction

Ron Swanson

Weird and maybe racist?

froginmn

Episode five: the wedding (September 2021)

Another set of our neighbors declined at the last minute because she had COVID. Dammit - why didn't we think of that?

We went to the football game and left a little early to get home, change, and get to the site.

At the entrance gate to the property we said we were attending the wedding. The lady said, "wow, you guys are late!" LOL

We found the room where the wedding and reception were hosted, and saw a big poster listing who was sitting where. Of course our direct neighbors, the only people we knew at this wedding, were seated at a different table...

There were forty names but once everyone sat there were only 32 who showed up. We learned that close to half lived somewhere in our neighborhood. One couple at the table we sat with was the realtor who helped them buy the house. In fairness, my wife has a couple clients she has become close personal friends with. But, ah, she wouldn't have invited them to our wedding....

The wedding itself was actually pretty nice, but a totally weird vibe being in a close setting (small room) with so many people who don't know each other and don't really know the couple either.

The other thing that was odd was the name cards at each place setting. They were three Legos (red, white, and blue to presumably represent both the American and British flag) stuck together and with a printed sticker with the person's name on it.

We didn't stick around late and decided to leave our Legos...

Purp

Another set of our neighbors declined at the last minute because she had COVID. Dammit - why didn't we think of that?

We went to the football game and left a little early to get home, change, and get to the site.

At the entrance gate to the property we said we were attending the wedding. The lady said, "wow, you guys are late!" LOL

We found the room where the wedding and reception were hosted, and saw a big poster listing who was sitting where. Of course our direct neighbors, the only people we knew at this wedding, were seated at a different table...

There were forty names but once everyone sat there were only 32 who showed up. We learned that close to half lived somewhere in our neighborhood. One couple at the table we sat with was the realtor who helped them buy the house. In fairness, my wife has a couple clients she has become close personal friends with. But, ah, she wouldn't have invited them to our wedding....

The wedding itself was actually pretty nice, but a totally weird vibe being in a close setting (small room) with so many people who don't know each other and don't really know the couple either.

The other thing that was odd was the name cards at each place setting. They were three Legos (red, white, and blue to presumably represent both the American and British flag) stuck together and with a printed sticker with the person's name on it.

I'm getting close to the point in the story where I skip to the last chapter or two so I can decide how entertaining this is. So far it's been a real downer about weirds and their weirdness.

tcudoc

1657978465200.jpeg

Curious as to where this story is going. Has the entire story already occurred and we are just in chapter five? Or is this happening in real time? The plot line needs to pick up pretty quick to hold our attention. Maybe add in an affair or a murder? Not sure what’s going to be able to save this plot.

froginmn

View attachment 11671

Curious as to where this story is going. Has the entire story already occurred and we are just in chapter five? Or is this happening in real time? The plot line needs to pick up pretty quick to hold our attention. Maybe add in an affair or a murder? Not sure what’s going to be able to save this plot.
Ha! It's mostly about the events of the last week, but I feel like you need a LOT of background to understand how we got here.

And I have no idea what will happen next but I'm sure the story isn't over.