• The KillerFrogs

Big 12 Expansion

Paul in uhh

I really don’t think Stanford is on the table for us. I could see them easily going the independent model like Notre Dame before joining a conference with West Virginia, UCF, and Texas Tech
For sure - stanford would demolish their stadium before they’d share revenue with highly conservative schools/states

allclearforfrogs

For sure - stanford would demolish their stadium before they’d share revenue with highly conservative schools/states
It's more the highly intelligent not wanting to be associated with schools and areas that have a reputation for lower intelligence and education, fair or not (I don't think it's fair). - Former Silicon Valley Resident

Last edited:

tcufrogprince1

The center of the US population has only been west of the Mississippi River for about 50 years. In has been moving westward forever but has taken a much more southern movement since the '60s (air conditioning!)

In 2020, the calculation of the population center point is Wright County, MO/nearest town Hartville -middle/south part of the state.

(The big topic for demographers today is the recent SCOUS abortion ruling and it's effect on the southerly movement of the US population - since many of the no/limited abortion states tend to be in the south. They believe that there may be a steady and deliberate movement of young college-educated women to move to states more NE and West for their careers and as a result long term their families.)
I think you are putting waaaaay too much into the SCOTUS ruling. People dont move for just one thing and if anything has been shown time and time again, the left leaning in our country seem to be very good about outrage and rallies and dissent, but not the greatest on actual action. The jobs are here, the level cost of living is here and losing the ability to have an abortion is pretty easy to solve and not move. Its called using your head and being a responsible adult and at the very slight chance you get pregnant, dont want it and you were somehow able to even have a child with all the real preventative care, you would just travel to a state that offered it and then come home and enjoy the rest of your life. Thats the same problem with all these people who said they would move out of the country or to Canada. The reality is that the wealthy will stay put because they like stability and the poor will stay because they cant afford to move. Reality and logic is not kind or mean, it just is.

Paint It Purple

We stop at 18 or 20. Schedules get terrible after that. Play your division + X number of games against teams from other division.

1 OOC game per year + Big 12 title game at Cowboys

For this reason, I think we only take 2 teams from PAC 12 and wait for ACC. Oregon and Utah are first choice.

Interest in UW or Colorado is minimal - extra hate for Colorado since they left the Big 12 already
At the rate we're going it looks more like a post-season in which any conference other than the Big Ten and SEC will be grateful to have even the hope of an at-large spot. Whatever else is uncertain, it is now clear enough that any other conferences' access to a potential future iteration of the playoff will not be equal to those two.
Honestly I preferred the old mythical championship.

Paint It Purple

What the heck is a loose alliance, and how could that even work?

Most of these schools have their schedules filled for years ahead of time. Plus, how can they do this with their current media deals?

And the conference champions of the ACC and PAC meet to play in Vegas?

What?!? How and why? So you can guarantee you knock one of them out of what little playoff hopes they had?

This Alliance 2.0 sound even more stupid than the original Alliance that ended with USC/UCLA in the B1G.

It worked so well, the PAC wants to double down on it.
It is the West coast

Paint It Purple

It's more the highly intelligent not wanting to be associated with schools and areas that have a reputation for lower intelligence and education, fair or not (I don't think it's fair). - Former Silicon Valley Resident
Virtually no idea is too ridiculous to be accepted, by intelligent and highly educated people, if it provides a way for them to feel special and important. Some confuse that feeling with idealism.

Thomas Sowell

Prince of Purpoole II

Reigning Smartarse
Heh. CBS doesn't like my adblocker. Screw them.

I don't see how the ACC can do a damned thing. Their GOR is tied up until 2036. They already play a Conference Championship Game, and now they're proposing another between their Champ and the PAC Champ?
Who knows? Maybe the BIG12 is playing 4D chess. It seems as though we as a P5 conference are like the last kid waiting to be chosen at recess.

I’m generally an optimist (because why not?) but oftentimes we seem to just whistle past the graveyard around here on this issue

Bruce Berry

The center of the US population has only been west of the Mississippi River for about 50 years. In has been moving westward forever but has taken a much more southern movement since the '60s (air conditioning!)

In 2020, the calculation of the population center point is Wright County, MO/nearest town Hartville -middle/south part of the state.

(The big topic for demographers today is the recent SCOUS abortion ruling and it's effect on the southerly movement of the US population - since many of the no/limited abortion states tend to be in the south. They believe that there may be a steady and deliberate movement of young college-educated women to move to states more NE and West for their careers and as a result long term their families.)
FYI-There is a front page story in the WSJ today completely refuting what you are suggesting.

McFroggin

I really don’t think Stanford is on the table for us. I could see them easily going the independent model like Notre Dame before joining a conference with West Virginia, UCF, and Texas Tech

A conference isn’t like getting married. It is merely a group that has banded together for $. Do you love Baylor? Do you enjoy everything about them and their athletic culture?