• The KillerFrogs

Go Cowboys!

Creeperfrog

That’s likely the only way I start watching the Cowboys again. I used to never miss a single game. I haven’t watched more than a few plays in 20+ years.
doubt, but its cool. i'm supposed to be a texans fan. and i did everything i could to not watch them unless it was the only option

tcudoc

doubt, but its cool. i'm supposed to be a texans fan. and i did everything i could to not watch them unless it was the only option
1995 is when I stopped being a regular watcher. Combination of being a busy resident, still being pissed at Jerry Jones (for firing Landry instead of ushering him out in a more civil way), and Aikman, Irvin, and Smith in mid to late portion of their careers. I watched a few more games when I could over the next 3-4 years, but was completely done once the big three called it quits.
I became a more regular TCU fan around the time of the Sun Bowl, which made giving up the Cowboys much easier. Since I had worked every weekend in college and was a married father during my TCU time, I never made it to a game as a student. Once I finished residency, I finally had some extra time and became a fan. Luckily, that was the beginning of a couple of pretty good decades of TCU football. Since I don’t live nearby, KFC was my main source of information about the team beginning around the time of the Sun Bowl.

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The same ones who cry after a College Football TCU game. Just not as visible when in their private suite.
A sports-cry is perfectly legitimate. The Brewingfrog did indeed shed a few tears after seeing his beloved Horned Frogs go undefeated on the home grass of Amon G. Carter Stadium (Old Version), and did shed a few in the early hours of 2011 as well.

As to crying over a loss? Nope. Been enraged at crooked Officials (cough-Randy Christal-cough), deeply saddened by untimely injury, and disgusted by carelessness (SMU games two times running), but these never resulted in tears. Beers, yes...

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
UT, Notre Dame, Cowboys, Yankees all keep my spirits when they lose.
Having said that, I keep my immaturity inside unlike Robert A Smith who makes a fool of himself over Cowboy hatred…

Pharm Frog

UT, Notre Dame, Cowboys, Yankees all keep my spirits when they lose.
Having said that, I keep my immaturity inside unlike Robert A Smith who makes a fool of himself over Cowboy hatred…
I have no such restraint. I have a standing meeting with one of the tech teams at my company on Fridays at 8a. I usually use the upcoming Cowboys opponent logo as my background because inexplicably three of them are huge Cowboys fans and two of those have never been to Texas. This morning I revised the the meeting invitation from its normal 60 minutes to 49 minutes for this coming Friday.

Toad Jones

So far, from the majority of the players, you've heard nothing except the one liners. They acted from the start, to me anyway, they were tired of football, for now. Roscoe the QB acted like he just lost his favorite dog and just couldn't emotional bring forth a decent effort and it spread thru the team! Jones has some decisions to make in the future but to think Jerry will get another super bowl victory, not in his lifetime.

BTW anyone recognize who the gent was to Jones' right? He looked familiar.

NewFrogFan

He sucks. His contract was a joke and will hold this franchise back for a long time
I like Dak, we lived in Haughton La. Winning the NFC East, arguably the worst division in the NFL, does not warrant breaking the bank for many other parts of the team that must be addressed. IMO you pay guys big bucks for winning championships, till then, lots of “teammates” figure in on the equation. YMMV.

NewFrogFan

I’m pretty sure at least half the people that go to the games spend a highly, highly disproportionate percent of whatever disposable income they have to attend one game, much less a seasons worth.

If you need someone to convince someone to spend way more money than they should on a very mediocre product, Jerry Jones is your man. The guy slaps a stupid star on something, doubles it’s price, and suddenly people trip over themselves trying to buy it. I don’t understand it.
Not me, not ever.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Honestly don’t think he squirms as much as people think. The dude is worth $10B now, the joke is on everyone who thinks he cares so much about winning.

He might be the greatest salesman in the world.
People keep (over) paying for his product. No reason to change.