• The KillerFrogs

Things I Miss

Brog

Not to derail the thread but I base a burger off the meat and bun. Hell, anything tastes good when you add bacon & cheese. You ever had brocolli with bacon & cheese? Not bad. And if you’re putting an egg, goat cheese, raspberry chipotle sauce or some other dumb [ #2020 ] on there, I invite you to go somewhere else for your sports talk.

Dutch’s > Jon’s
Get real, FTW, but no egg, goat cheese, raspberry, chipotle sauce on Dutch's Bacon and Blue Cheese burger. Just good eating.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Not to derail the thread but I base a burger off the meat and bun. Hell, anything tastes good when you add bacon & cheese. You ever had brocolli with bacon & cheese? Not bad. And if you’re putting an egg, goat cheese, raspberry chipotle sauce or some other dumb [ #2020 ] on there, I invite you to go somewhere else for your sports talk.

Dutch’s > Jon’s
There is not a single thing wrong with having an egg accompany your bacon and cheese on a burger. Or a fried egg atop a plate of enchiladas. Or a fried egg on a steak. Provided, of course, there's some delicious compound butter.

Goat Cheese is exceedingly good on a lot of things, but it should only be used sparingly, and not with a bunch of other flavors.

Raspberry Chipotle sauce on a burger is right out. The chef should have his hands cut off...

Opintel

Moderators
We had a wholesale meat and provision company. The 50s and into the 70s...Hmmmm...I used to deliver 110lb cans of Red Lable Shortening. Horribly unhealthy, I guess, when consumed.

Point is that the food really was tastier back then. Now we are eating healthier. Not as good for the taste buds.

Lots of lard in that Red Lable Shortening. It's good for your soul.

Brog

We had a wholesale meat and provision company. The 50s and into the 70s...Hmmmm...I used to deliver 110lb cans of Red Lable Shortening. Horribly unhealthy, I guess, when consumed.

Point is that the food really was tastier back then. Now we are eating healthier. Not as good for the taste buds.

Lots of lard in that Red Lable Shortening. It's good for your soul.
Is that shortening what we used to call lard? Lots of that in my growing up.

Opintel

Moderators
Northside of Fort Worth. Sold tons (literally) of that delicious concoction. Metal can in a cardboard box. I might be misremembering, there was also pure lard. The Kraft brand had multiple mixtures. The lard was processed animal fat, might have been a different mfg. Point is that it tasted better.

Heavy as heck to tote around. No two-wheeler cart - all just grab it and deliver. Hurry, hurry...

Probably has some contribution to all my back and hip problems.

WIN

Northside of Fort Worth. Sold tons (literally) of that delicious concoction. Metal can in a cardboard box. I might be misremembering, there was also pure lard. The Kraft brand had multiple mixtures. The lard was processed animal fat, might have been a different mfg. Point is that it tasted better.

Heavy as heck to tote around. No two-wheeler cart - all just grab it and deliver. Hurry, hurry...

Probably has some contribution to all my back and hip problems.
What they call "keto" friendly now.

westoverhillbilly

Town Talk Hamburgers and Fried Pies- in a clapboard building that adjoined the east side of the Ridglea Theater that had sawdust on the floors and the best burgers ever. The first Goff's in about the 6700 block of Camp Bowie were also wonderful as they were char-grilled (circa early 60s)- they made a 2nd attempt in FW circa 1990 in an outbuilding next to the Tom Thumb at Camp Bowie/Ridglea Avenue but didn't last long.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
We had The Merry Go Round and Burger Chef and liked it!
Burger Chef and Jeff! It was on the corner of University and Bellaire, where Einstein's is/was. Cheap and yummy!
Also, you can still get rendered lard at any Mexican grocery, like Fiesta's. Ask for Manteca. You're welcome.

froggy

Town Talk Hamburgers and Fried Pies- in a clapboard building that adjoined the east side of the Ridglea Theater that had sawdust on the floors and the best burgers ever. The first Goff's in about the 6700 block of Camp Bowie were also wonderful as they were char-grilled (circa early 60s)- they made a 2nd attempt in FW circa 1990 in an outbuilding next to the Tom Thumb at Camp Bowie/Ridglea Avenue but didn't last long.
Did the first Geoff’s burn down. I couldn’t remember the name of town talk. They were great. Used to eat there before going to the movies at ridglea

6Frog6

No, head north on Univ turn right on 8th toward town. Right there on the corner. Mom and Dad always stayed there. There is one with the same name in Denton . Something ...... House. Across the street north of Farrington Field was a strip of old buildings. On the west corner was a building about 20 feet wide, it was a popular radio station in Ft.. Call letters have left me for now but give me time to remember b/c I said them enough times'. Want to say KGEL. No that's not it either. With the doors closed to the studio, you could hear one of the black bands playing football at Farrington. They were sooo much fun to watch, No group of people could out prance them on the field. They were so good!! Those kids were so proud of their band. And their football team. The center used to stand up before snapping the ball , shout and point to a position player on the opposite team, We're coming right at you, did you hear me!? Just try and stop us. The other team usually did but he kept telling them anyway.
KXOL