• The KillerFrogs

General Bowl Games Conversation

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Three of Pitt’s best players, including the QB, apparently “opted out” of this game. Their first NY6 bowl in about 40 years. LOL.
Oh, and they were giving the QB a gen-u-wine ESPN tongue bath for "opting out" and preserving his potential NFL worth. Funny, but I always considered a guy who would walk out on his teammates like that a "quitter."

geefrogs

The Pitt QB is probably the first or second QB taken in the draft. Not my hot take, basically all mock drafts show it. I understand why he would but yeah, would be disappointing as a fan.

I'm sure his teammates are cool with it since they'd do they same if they had the payday potential he has.

It's the modern game. If your team doesn't have guys opting out, are you even that good anymore? Lol

Wexahu

Oh, and they were giving the QB a gen-u-wine ESPN tongue bath for "opting out" and preserving his potential NFL worth. Funny, but I always considered a guy who would walk out on his teammates like that a "quitter."
ESPN pays the conferences who knows how many millions of dollars to play in a game the team’s best players don’t even think is important enough to suit up in.

Wexahu

The Pitt QB is probably the first or second QB taken in the draft. Not my hot take, basically all mock drafts show it. I understand why he would but yeah, would be disappointing as a fan.

I'm sure his teammates are cool with it since they'd do they same if they had the payday potential he has.

It's the modern game. If your team doesn't have guys opting out, are you even that good anymore? Lol
The sport is broken. Can’t believe people will continue following it like they have.

Let’s be honest, the product is pretty awful. Just watching a bunch of laundry go through the motions so everyone can collect a check.

MTfrog5

ESPN pays the conferences who knows how many millions of dollars to play in a game the team’s best players don’t even think is important enough to suit up in.
Karma to these bowls that make fans pay stupid amounts of money for the crap seats though. Sponsors are going to be the one that this hits directly with all the opt outs.

Good. The sooner and more people get burned the sooner it might prompt people to wake up and set some rules to get back to some semblance of something that is interesting.
I would prefer the best players not opt out but how would it work to "set some rules" that make them play? Participation in sports is voluntary.