• The KillerFrogs

2022 Recruiting Thread

FrogCop19

This one appears gone.

Still appears to be a purple wristband on there...maybe he's collecting them? Gonna look like Tank Carder eventually.
oct-1-2011-fort-worth-texas-united-states-of-america-tcu-horned-frogs-DKBJA4.jpg

Wexahu

I'm not sure, but I think college football might suck now.
It kinda does.

I've simply lost interest in recruiting, the transfer portal, coaching moves, etc. What's the point? Everything is so temporary anyway, just a bunch of 18-20 year olds chasing "deals", and coaches making obscene amounts of money doing the same. Used to be interesting and fun watching teams build rosters and develop over time, now that part of it is basically over. Whoever shows up on the sideline next September, I'm sure I'll watch and see if they are any good, but the passion for it is basically gone.

We're gonna have about 40 bowl games being played over the next 3 weeks and I'm not sure anyone (players included) really cares who wins any of them. Think about that. The games are secondary to all the tweeting, posing, and social media crap, and who is going where and what kind of deals they are being offered.

It's becoming very overrated, bordering on awful, entertainment, at least for me. Maybe the next generation will love this stuff.

Last edited:

82 Frog Fever

It kinda does.

I've simply lost interest in recruiting, the transfer portal, coaching moves, etc. What's the point? Everything is so temporary anyway, just a bunch of 18-20 year olds chasing "deals", and coaches making obscene amounts of money doing the same. Used to be interesting and fun watching teams build rosters and develop over over time, now that part of it is basically over. Whoever shows up on the sideline next September, I'm sure I'll watch and see if they are any good, but the passion for it is basically gone.

We're gonna have about 40 bowl games being played over the next 3 weeks and I'm not sure anyone (players included) really cares who wins any of them. Think about that. The games are secondary to all the tweeting, posing, and social media crap, and who is going where and what kind of deals they are being offered.

It's becoming very overrated, bordering on awful, entertainment, at least for me. Maybe the next generation will love this stuff.

I agree with a lot of what you said; however, regarding recruiting/transfers, I believe these new changes have actually added to the importance/drama.
With the increasing number of players going thru the transfer portal, we’re actually watching teams put together as much as 30% of their next year‘s starting lineup. …..and their doing it under pressure on the fly.
There’s a lot at stake.

Wexahu

I agree with a lot of what you said; however, regarding recruiting/transfers, I believe these new changes have actually added to the importance/drama.
With the increasing number of players going thru the transfer portal, we’re actually watching teams put together as much as 30% of their next year‘s starting lineup. …..and their doing it under pressure on the fly.
There’s a lot at stake.
Why is there so much at stake? Hardly anyone cares who actually wins games anymore.

So much at stake because all the money involved? I'm never going to see any of it, why should I care?

Last edited: