• The KillerFrogs

Welcome Coach Sonny Dykes Thread

4th. down

Gonna turn into an inside the park homerun.
I gotta admit, surprised how Donati pulled all this off. The way it's been handled and all of a sudden the intense competition from other universities for a HC and TCU got who we wanted. Then all the prep that went into Dykes arrival (chopper, fireworks, band, etc,) and the welcome/presentation and Dykes following speech. I don't think it's all BS, the Boss was out recruiting yesterday and just his demeanor and communication is so refreshing. It feels like a burden has been lifted off of us and now we are back on track.

Moose Stuff

I gotta admit, surprised how Donati pulled all this off. The way it's been handled and all of a sudden the intense competition from other universities for a HC and TCU got who we wanted. Then all the prep that went into Dykes arrival (chopper, fireworks, band, etc,) and the welcome/presentation and Dykes following speech. I don't think it's all BS, the Boss was out recruiting yesterday and just his demeanor and communication is so refreshing. It feels like a burden has been lifted off of us and now we are back on track.
Well said

Limey Frog

Refreshing interview

This is terrific. I love how he talks about the staff he was part of at Tech, and where all those guys are now. He seems to understand and be enthusiastic about the idea of the 'coaching tree'. For all of his many strengths, that was one of the areas we all felt GP was too weak in. If TCU's head coach gets a reputation for giving upwardly mobile coaches a launching pad to career success, that's probably going to help the program overall. We've seen exactly where it leads to have coaches for whom TCU is more a tenured rent-seeking arrangement.

Last edited:

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
Donati, the staff, the board, everyone did a great job with this. ADJD has shown us a lot with the quick Saarloos promotion and handling this hire.

We have another high-profile coach whose seat is going to get pretty toasty if things don't improve soon IMO.

I'm just laughing at all the people with the knee-jerk reactions to fire JD. He's 2 for 2 so far.