• The KillerFrogs

Welcome Coach Sonny Dykes Thread

hometown frog

WKRP-2.jpg
As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly!

Limey Frog

My comment was directed at a select few posters who just incessantly told us what an uninspiring/disappointing hire this was. People like that had no grasp at all of what this hire was about despite acting like they knew everything. Time will tell if it was the right hire but the process was sound, the reasoning behind it was dead on, and the idea that it was gonna be boring was ignorant. If yesterday told us anything it’s that the GP era is DEAD and we’re embarking on something we haven’t seen around here before from a culture/brand standpoint. It’s gonna be fun.
Not to mention that the market is insane right now. Where will Iowa State be if Campbell leaves for ND, bless them? Looking to poach an untried coordinator from somewhere. How would TCU fans have felt if we'd passed on Dykes, whiffed on the "big names" we thought we could get, then ended up two weeks from now hiring a first time head coach no one really wanted? And to have pushed GP out for that? That wouldn't have gone well.

(Not meaning to suggest, BTW, that hiring Dykes is "settling"; he seems like a good fit for us. But even if this hire were just settling, the logic in favor of it right now would still be pretty good.)

One Frog Nation

We just put down a deposit to do the same. Thinking we go from 3 to 4 even though we can likely only get to a game or 2. Will give the ones we don’t use to my daughter and her boyfriend.
hopefully i can find something on the west side. 236 would be hard in day games. i guess I could sell the house and get a suite but the wife said no.

Shorty

hopefully i can find something on the west side. 236 would be hard in day games. i guess I could sell the house and get a suite but the wife said no.
The top 3-4 rows on the east side stay in the shade like 95% of the time unless it's sunset. We moved up there this year and would pay double.

Virginia Frog

I'm just glad we hired a HC with a hot wife. She meets my approval. I believe her brother is the guy that led Abilene Christian to the dance and beat Texas. Still puzzled as to why he took the UTEP job but maybe in a year or two there will be an opportunity for her to bend his ear about a more local opening.
As long as she "loves" Fort Worth, like Kim F, she's Okay with me.

Hotness is good!

Mean Purple

My comment was directed at a select few posters who just incessantly told us what an uninspiring/disappointing hire this was. People like that had no grasp at all of what this hire was about despite acting like they knew everything. Time will tell if it was the right hire but the process was sound, the reasoning behind it was dead on, and the idea that it was gonna be boring was ignorant. If yesterday told us anything it’s that the GP era is DEAD and we’re embarking on something we haven’t seen around here before from a culture/brand standpoint. It’s gonna be fun.
Like you knew anything.