• The KillerFrogs

Coach Dykes Officially Named ESPN

TRF51

If we are daring to be better, why didn’t we dare to secure a higher level coach instead of settling for Dykes?
I’m setting here watching Peterson on the wrap-up show. Did we offer him and get turned down? Look, I might be wrong, but the sizzle of hiring a new exciting coach turne out to be lukewarm water.
I hope I am wrong, but I don’t think I am…
GO FROGS!
Spit Blood ~~<~<and fornicate baylor!!

He said no, with all the coach openings we actually did well. Napier would have been great but he will probably end up at Florida or LSU.

TRF51

Did he remove his tenure at Cal from his resume?

He must have had an amazing interview.

Can't wait for TCU to lose to SMU again and we all just crumble into ash.

He actually did ok at Cal, no one wins there. He won a lot at SMU, more than anyone else has in decades.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I am not the biggest fan of this hire, mainly because I think we should remain a defensive first program and continue for that to be our identity. This season showed how important a good defense is. It's painful to watch us not be able to stop anything.
Depends on who he hires to run the defense. He has shown shrewd judgement in other hires while putting together a staff over in Dallas. Perhaps he will pick a winner in Fort Worth.

CountryFrog

I don’t know if Peterson would come or not. But, did we ask him? Did we set our bar that high, or is Dykes as high as we set our bar? Dykes’ record falls well short of the guy we dumped. Yes, we had to have a change, but I can’t see that we have given ourselves much change at all. Like I said, I hope I’m wrong, but I don’t think so…
GO FROGS!
So you haven't been following any of this at all the entire way. Got it.

geefrogs

Best case scenario, he's a new face in the conference and catches the other coaching staff off guard his first year. Maybe gets into the big 12 title game even.

Of course he was a new face in the Pac-12 and proceeded to win 1 game.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Tell me. Is there anyone here overly excited about TCU Head Coach Sonny Dykes? Even a little bit excited?
And if you are, why the hell are you?
GO FROGS!
I'm optimistic. Not quite golf-clap level excited, but wearing a pleased smile all the same.

There wasn't really anyone out there who realistically was going to come to Fort Worth that would create that hollering and hand-clapping enthusiasm such a hire would bring. We are thus left with guys who will probably do well, perhaps even win big, but have not yet demonstrated their mettle on the Big Stage as yet.

G Mother Froggen P

Tell me. Is there anyone here overly excited about TCU Head Coach Sonny Dykes? Even a little bit excited?
And if you are, why the hell are you?
GO FROGS!
I’m excited for change period. Dykes could be a solid hire, time will tell. Would’ve preferred other candidates but would rather Dykes tenfold over the current staff in place.

HFrog1999

Bored Married With Children GIF