• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Ron Swanson

The commentary on that fb page makes this place look like the Groves of Academe.

I understand the point is an attempt the gauge the average fan’s reaction but man the collective football IQ of that group is low
I went on there once a couple years back and that place is brutal. It’s the equivalent of the comment section of an ESPN article or a YouTube video.

I feel like it’s the kind of people who go to the bar at Chili’s or Applebee’s for a night out

y2kFrog

If he wasn’t this whole process was a joke!

Tech has already scored a touchdown with their hire and we’ve had two back to back holding calls and this play isn’t looking any better.
Wait…hiring Baylor’s WR coach with very little college experience is a touchdown hire?

Paint It Purple

Let T-Shirt tell you. He’s the one who indicted the project management process.

And I agree with your post about a new coach communicating vision and opening the curtains a bit. Simply must get the program back to being the FTW darling and a point of community pride well beyond alums and diehards. Not sure I’d suggest wearing Fort Worth on the jersey but that needs to be the feeling again. Winning football is the start.
T-Shirt is undependable....

I bet HCGP used one of these daily. ;)

Definition: RACI is a project management and change management tool that can be used for identifying and assigning roles and responsibilities.
RA(S)CI is an acronym:
R - Responsible. The owner of the problem/project.
A - to whom R is Accountable. Must sign/approve the work before it is OK.
S - can be Supportive. Can provide resources or help in another way.
C - should be Consulted. Has necessary information or capability.
I - should be Informed. Must be notified of results, but not consulted.

Froggish

If he wasn’t this whole process was a joke!

Tech has already scored a touchdown with their hire and we’ve had two back to back holding calls and this play isn’t looking any better.
Tech hiring their 5-6th option after having one of the worst candidate pools ever seen is far from a homerun hire. Don't get me wrong. They got a guy who was over the moon for the job and that has some recruiting chops, but Joey McGuire isn't a guy anyone will be puffing their chest out over.

I was in Lubbock on the day McGuire was hired. My two buddies who are super plugged in, run a massive tailgate, and our 20+ year season ticket holders. I looked at them and congratulated them and and asked if they were excited. They just shrugged their shoulder and said..."Who knows...nobody wants to come hear"

Tshirt Fan

Unless you are on the RACI document you don’t have any perspective on how the change management process is going. And I highly doubt someone with the moniker “T Shirt Fan” has a spot on the RACI.
I'm not sure I even want to comment on the prospect of using a RACI as the tool to drive organizational change.

The change management process is unfolding before our eyes. The change management process is being communicated via message boards and twitter, and not by the TCU administration. This change affects the entire TCU community. JD and VB failed to set this community up for the change. For example, in the middle of the season, LHCGMFP is shown the door. There is zero prior communication that changes were needed. A year or two ago, there could have been some public communication by JD that TCU is expecting to compete for B12 titles and is making adjustments to meet that goal. Instead, NADA.

Fast forward to today. The single follow-up communication is that we have not made an offer. There is no public indication that TCU had anyone in mind other than Sonny Dykes, and the message boards are exploding with "Dykes to TCU". That's not "managing the message" . How is the TCU community responding? Unfavorably. Based on the lack of communication by TCU, it appears that TCU is kicking out a legend to make way for a third or fourth choice hire. The KF.c response has been that the TCU fans on Twitter and on Facebook are idiots. The TCU administration has the opportunity to plan the next round of communications to better help setup the need for change, explain the search process, and help bring the TCU community on-board with the change. Will they?

I'm personally not enthralled by the process or the potential results or how LHCGMFP was shown the door.
Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Planks

LMAO…. My wife shows me stuff from that Facebook page. That’s a massive collection of idiots over there.

The FB group is pretty cringeworthy. Some really terrible takes. It honestly makes me wonder if the collective football IQ of our fan base is lower than that of other fan bases.

The group seems to also be overall pretty opposed to the decision to get rid of Patterson, so that’s coloring their feelings. Lots of older fans who feel we will instantly go back to pre-Patterson days and go decades without going bowling. Also lots of fans who clearly don’t see the consistent four year decline we’ve been on. I think a lot of the “average” fans know this season is bad, but when it comes to past seasons they know the big moments (Rose Bowl, Peach Bowl, Alamo Bowl, etc.) and everything in else is fuzzy for them.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The FB group is pretty cringeworthy. Some really terrible takes. It honestly makes me wonder if the collective football IQ of our fan base is lower than that of other fan bases.

The group seems to also be overall pretty opposed to the decision to get rid of Patterson. Lots of older fans who feel we will instantly go back to pre-Patterson days and go decades without going bowling. Also lots of fans who clearly don’t see the consistent four year decline we’ve been on. I think a lot of the “average” fans know this season is bad, but when it comes to past seasons and know the big moments (Rose Bowl, Peach Bowl, Alamo Bowl, etc.) and everything in else is fuzzy for them.
They're all about the same level of barking stupid. I quit FB some years ago simply because it is filled with stupid, and tends to bring out the stupid in all who use it. I let my wife show me all the baby pics and other family things, and just stay away otherwise...