• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

MadFrog

I feel like we are taking so long that the committee is running out of great choices. There never seems to be a "new" name surfacing. This is not good at all. Probably the worst season ever to have a collapse like this. I hope the B12 holds, but OSU is setting itself up for an invitation to some other P5 conference.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I feel like we are taking so long that the committee is running out of great choices. There never seems to be a "new" name surfacing. This is not good at all. Probably the worst season ever to have a collapse like this. I hope the B12 holds, but OSU is setting itself up for an invitation to some other P5 conference.
Could be we have the person but the situation is not allowing for an announcement.

Ron Swanson

First off, it hasn’t been that long

Secondly, there are a multitude of potential reasons why we haven’t made an announcement yet.

Several dominoes need to fall and we're square in the middle of the line

Ppl that are chirping…. Who is on the search committee? Drop one name on it if you know what you’re talking about. If not, buzz off
That’s silly. Lots of this stuff is cofidential. My suggestion is to evaluate the poster. Is it someone whose credibility has never been good? Is it someone careful to distinguish guesswork from assertion? I mean when someone tells you Deion is on a plane and a couple of days later nothing happens you can draw a pretty strong inference. Personally, I would not put a friend on the committee in the spot of answering a direct question but I would ask general questions or make statements and let him or her decide what to disclose. For instance, if I say man I’m not sure about Sanders and draw peals of hearty laughter I can evaluate that. Even if I had the definitive word I would never put the source out there

Last edited:

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
That’s silly. Lots of this stuff is cofidential. My suggestion is to evaluate the poster. Is it someone whose credibility has never been good? Is it someone careful to distinguish guesswork from assertion? I mean when someone tells you Deion is on a plane and a couple of days later nothing happens you can draw a pretty strong inference. Personally, I would not put a friend on the committee in the spot of answering a direct question but I would ask general questions or make statements and let him or her decide what to disclose. For instance, if I say man I’m not sure about Sanders and draw peals of hearty laughter I can evaluate that. Even if I had the definitive word I would never put the source out there
Some of the less charitable descriptions of such provacateurs are: 1.) Poo Flinger, and 2.) Crap Stirrer. A few have met the "ignore" button over the last few days...

MacarthurTexas

Because he’s the worst, he would be a complete and total embarrassment to our university, and he failed at Texas.

I'm not fan of Herman, but I think it's a bit strong to say he was a failure at UT. Esp, given what has happened with Sark.

I just think that job was too big for Herman, but I could see him being successful again at a middle of the road Power 5 school. Let me be clear, I don't want him at TCU, but I think he was better at UT than many are giving him credit for....