• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

PO Frog

I like the Deion idea……however I do wonder if our Conservative, Caucasian base would support him and the program financially based solely on his race??? I know it’s sensitive but has to be brought up and consideted when hiring a HC. I think our season ticket numbers would increase but our BIG donors would be my concern.
You didn’t think Chandler Morris was a good passer even after watching the Baylor game, so I doubt anyone will care what any of your other opinions are ever again.

JAB331

I've seen people posting that big donors will have "names removed from buildings" and that people are going to drop season tickets if we go with Deion. This gives me zero pause. As a matter of fact, I'm fine putting new names on buildings, and if we win, people are going to be hard pressed to get those season tickets.

That said, I'm 100% behind whoever we pick to be our coach.

gofor2

I mean they got him fired because they intentionally quit on him with the intention of getting him fired. When Gary called them on it, the untouchable statement was made. He was wrong.
If that is the case, I can sort of see where he was coming from. We've placed 5th or worse 4 times in the past 5 years and no change was made. I don't claim to know conversations between him and the AD, but were expectations discussed over the past 2 years between them and what would occur if those were not met?

PO Frog

If that is the case, I can sort of see where he was coming from. We've placed 5th or worse 4 times in the past 5 years and no change was made. I don't claim to know conversations between him and the AD, but were expectations discussed over the past 2 years between them and what would occur if those were not met?
Who knows? But if he can infer that he is untouchable based on the fact that no move had yet been made against him, he can also infer the opposite. If no conversation was had either way, it would seem he made the wrong inference.

gofor2

Who knows? But if he can infer that he is untouchable based on the fact that no move had yet been made against him, he can also infer the opposite. If no conversation was had either way, it would seem he made the wrong inference.
The way the firing happened, as in surprised and unexpected with no mention of prior conversations about expectations, seems to me the conversations didn't take place. That's just pure speculation.

LisaLT

Animated GIF

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I've seen people posting that big donors will have "names removed from buildings" and that people are going to drop season tickets if we go with Deion. This gives me zero pause. As a matter of fact, I'm fine putting new names on buildings, and if we win, people are going to be hard pressed to get those season tickets.

That said, I'm 100% behind whoever we pick to be our coach.
Really? I've read postings where space aliens landed and made off with Patterson's statue...

Try again.

The TCU Football Jerk

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

No, its not Kool-aid, but simple reasoning. The benefits of hiring Deion are so clear and numerous that I believe you simply would rather live with your past prejudices instead of embracing a once-in-a-generation opportunity. I am simply stunned by those who can not, will not see this, and base their opinion simply on an impression from 30 years ago.

By the way, if he gets hired, your season tickets will skyrocket in value. TCU will be the hottest team in the country. But go ahead and give them up. There will be plenty of fans to take them. Your loss.

The only benefit to hiring him is recruiting. He doesn't have enough skins on the wall coaching wise. And we know he's not a great manager. He left the evidence of that in the smoldering mess he made right here in dfw. And tons of teams get the cream of the crop recruit-wise and can't do anything with it. Look no further than Austin.

tcufrogprince1

Well, ok. I’ve been privy to some inside info at times, I always just keep it to myself (or at least not share it here) because I know it’s just not stuff the sources want out there on these boards. Not really that hard to understand.
It's going to get leaked regardless.
Well originally it was insider information but now you’re calling it a casual rumor—which is it?
It's real info, but it's being passed on a board. Know one is going to use it for a source
I’m not sure any of those guys are great assistants.
Not for tcu or d 1 football, but legit for Jackson state. That's my point.

geezer

Colonel, USAF (Retired)
Not sure $64,000 covers a full year athletic scholarship any more tbh.
Think LisaT was using an old--really old--pop culture reference. (She's appropriating my culture.)

The $64,000 Question was an American game show broadcast in primetime on CBS-TV from 1955 to 1958, which became embroiled in the 1950s quiz show scandals. Contestants answered general knowledge questions, earning money which doubled as the questions became more difficult. The final question had a top prize of $64,000, hence the "$64,000 Question" in the show's title.