• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

TAINTed frog

Who cares what you or I think? Nobody.

Evans and his teammates have clearly stated that they want to play for Coach Prime. There is nothing else to be said that matters.
So we’re hiring a coach based on players, many of whom will be here for 2 good years? Seems shortsighted. And, I’m agnostic to the whole Sanders as HC thing.

Moose Stuff

Some of you are too blinded by the GP years to see that a CEO type HC (like Prime) with talented X’s and O’s Assistants is a very good result of this search. My #1 problem with GP over the past few years (and maybe longer) is that he was too interested in the X’s snd O’s to pay attention to the big picture and management of the team and coaches at large.
Who are his “talented” assistants?

Moose Stuff

The odds of him absolutely wrecking our program are much greater than him even becoming a mediocre coach.

For what it's worth, VB, JD and this 'committee' are very astute risk managers. Anybody who sits in those seats is obligated to be, and this is not unique to TCU.

If we hire him, then I'm all on board, because that means that they've received some pretty darn good guarantees on who he is bringing with him for a staff and what his recruiting/NIL plans will be. I'm very skeptical that he'll be able to demonstrate to them that he has his arms around all that, though.
To me it’s like a presidential primary. Everyone has their guy but in the end the party gets behind the nominee. I’m not a Deion guy. If he’s the choice I will rally 100% behind him.

Limey Frog

Why would you care? The players, including Evans want to be coached by Coach Prime. What anybody else wants doesn't, at least should not matter more than who the players want to play for. I applaud Evans for letting his wishes be known. Much better than him keeping to himself and then slinking out the door without giving TCU a chance to keep him.

I care because I'd rather not have TCU's next head coach inherit a roster of players who publicly came out for the other guy. Obviously if Sanders gets the job it doesn't matter as such, plus even if it is someone else I'm sure they can handle worse (I hope so anyway). Still, I just think it's indecorous. That should matter and I don't see why fans/alumni don't have a right to care about program decorum.

froglash88

If this process goes on longer that initially planned, like an extra month or 2, we totally screwed up. The goal is “to hire someone early so they can take advantage of the early signing period”. Meanwhile, we are losing commits left and right. The advantage ADJD spoke of would no longer exist. Hopefully we aren’t without a coach and recruits when the signing period takes place.

gofor2

If this process goes on longer that initially planned, like an extra month or 2
Hopefully it doesn't. JD stated that he wants a coach in place prior to a specific date - I think it was in mid December. I vaguely remember it being a rather important date, too. Maybe there is a recruiting deadline somewhere in there?

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

Who are any of the candidate’s talented assistants? You don’t think a guy with Prime’s network could put together just as good of a staff as anybody else on this list?
I haven’t the slightest clue. What would make you think he could? College assistants aren’t gonna want to work for Deion for the same reason they recruits are gonna want to play for him. That’s a fact.

Latest posts