• The KillerFrogs

Matt Campbell

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
I am very well connected to high school coaches in Texas and I don't know what you are talking about when it comes to them not liking him. Most of the coaches I talk with damn near everyday love his way of coaching and love that he is old school and still gets after them like he does. But let's just agree to disagree and hope you are right about hiring the right guy and the recruits will come because I don't think either one of us wants to see TCU go through the coaching carousel UT has been going through the last few years.
Or like we did prior to GP And likely will again. It probably isn’t likely anyone successful here won’t get poached.

back_in_black

Moderators
you people have a very high level of self-delusion if you think campbell would leave iowa state for tcu. good grief.
Well direct your frustration at Campbell. He reached out to TCU. So he must be delusional for thinking it could be a better job for him. Maybe he saw Chandler Morris play Saturday and decided 3 more years of that plus better all around talent means he actually has a chance to win something big.

Nick Danger

oh right, fort worth is such a splendid college town coupled with the energy in that wonderful stadium week after week. :(

tcuempty359.png
Your "incomplete" picture is just missing a couple of key ingredients provided by the right new Coaching staff (and not necessarily Matt Campbell). All you'd need to do is add a pinch of "Success" and a dash of "Playing some games that matter!", slowly simmer, and you'd wind up with a finished product that looks like this . . . .

1636381186329.jpeg ;)
images

Last edited:

archifrog

Well direct your frustration at Campbell. He reached out to TCU. So he must be delusional for thinking it could be a better job for him. Maybe he saw Chandler Morris play Saturday and decided 3 more years of that plus better all around talent means he actually has a chance to win something big.
My only hesitation about Matt Campbell is that his talent laden team fell way short of expectations this year. If he is leaving because he is losing many of his top tier talent, then that's a bit of an indictment of his recruiting. Notwithstanding, of all the candidates I think Campbell is the best fit. and pls keep Dan Sharp on staff!

Mean Purple

News up in Iowa is that he has not reached out to TCU.
I think some website folks and a reporter may have jumped the gun. TCU is reported as being interested in him. But it is known that he would look at the Penn State gig if it came open. His recruiting ties are up there. and in Iowa region.

Realtorfrog

I don't see Campbell leaving ISU for TCU. That's a lateral move, and his stock is hotter than that if he is going to leave ISU. Our focus area needs to be in successful G5 coaches with something to prove or DC/OCs at big time programs. I like most of the names floating around, but lets not kid ourselves into thinking we can poach from another P5 school that is successful and in a more stable conference than the Big 12 right now.
Lateral move as far as conference but certainly not in ability to recruit top talent locally and the location of the school. Both big upgrades as far as visibility and name.

I’m sure he has a decent buyout but not 25mm. That being said. I think he enjoys the small college town feel and is happy, who knows what will entice him.

Moose Stuff

News up in Iowa is that he has not reached out to TCU.
I think some website folks and a reporter may have jumped the gun. TCU is reported as being interested in him. But it is known that he would look at the Penn State gig if it came open. His recruiting ties are up there. and in Iowa region.
I have no idea if anybody reached out to anybody, but of course that’s how it’s gonna be reported up in Iowa. Unfortunate his name leaked out TBH.

CountryFrog

I have no idea if anybody reached out to anybody, but of course that’s how it’s gonna be reported up in Iowa. Unfortunate his name leaked out TBH.
Yea that leak may be the thing that ensures this doesn't happen if there was any chance of it at all to begin with. Either way, though, very unfortunate for everyone involved.

Mean Purple

Yea that leak may be the thing that ensures this doesn't happen if there was any chance of it at all to begin with. Either way, though, very unfortunate for everyone involved.
Usually a leak that is shown to not be as described by morning (when news outlets do some vetting) comes from a source that was not really in the know.
It would be no shock that TCU may be interested in him. Join the club. Everybody is interested in him.