• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

FrogPreacher

I somehow doubt Campbell is leaving Iowa State and Ames. It is my understanding he just recently signed a good paying, multi-year contract. Which I know doesn't necessarily mean anything anymore. I have read that his wife really likes Ames. I serve a church about 40 miles west of Ames and we get over there from time to time. Very livable town. Good places to eat, any store that you might need. 2 movie theaters, Best Buy, Wally World, Books A Million. And a town that is very supportive of the team.

Wexahu

I somehow doubt Campbell is leaving Iowa State and Ames. It is my understanding he just recently signed a good paying, multi-year contract. Which I know doesn't necessarily mean anything anymore. I have read that his wife really likes Ames. I serve a church about 40 miles west of Ames and we get over there from time to time. Very livable town. Good places to eat, any store that you might need. 2 movie theaters, Best Buy, Wally World, Books A Million. And a town that is very supportive of the team.
It has a Best Buy, Walmart and not just one, but two movie theaters? Well crap, he ain’t leaving then. No way.

FrogPreacher

It has a Best Buy, Walmart and not just one, but two movie theaters? Well crap, he ain’t leaving then. No way.
One of the movie theaters is an older one, inside an old mall. Haven't been to that one yet. But the newer one is really nice!*L* I would gladly live in Ames. I love the little town we are in but reallyreally wish we had more dining out options.

Hemingway

Its Happening Ron Paul GIF
We just love this preschool “I know something you don’t and I’m not telling you” bleep move , you just pulled.

Chongo94

Are y’all the only adults in town?

Children-of-the-Corn.jpg

I kid I kid…

tcuball3

Ticket Exchange Pass
Have a hard time believing Campbell would leave ISU for TCU. Sounds like some kind of play to get more from ISU for staff, program. Something.
You and Moose have been saying no way all along, I’m not really that surprised. Can’t imagine a better fit for him, removing my bias towards TCU. This year was supposed to be their year in Aimes and falling short has likely proved you’ve hit the ceiling at Iowa State. Few schools are located in as nice of a city as Fort Worth and have a coach that’s been there 21 years which shows loyalty. As Urban once said it’s a top job in CFB. Ask the hottest girl in school out and she might just say yes…

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
You and Moose have been saying no way all along, I’m not really that surprised. Can’t imagine a better fit for him, removing my bias towards TCU. This year was supposed to be their year in Aimes and falling short has likely proved you’ve hit the ceiling at Iowa State. Few schools are located in as nice of a city as Fort Worth and have a coach that’s been there 21 years which shows loyalty. As Urban once said it’s a top job in CFB. Ask the hottest girl in school out and she might just say yes…
I haven’t commented on him before. This is the first time I have seen his name associated with TCU.

I am not saying no to him. I just don’t see him leaving ISU for TCU.

Eight

Well, for starters:
Coaching to winning seasons in the Big 10 is a hell of a lot more impressive than the Sun Belt.
Not sure why so many are set on that we have to go after a Group of 5 coach as opposed to a Power 5 coach. Why not go after Clawson?
Why not the Pitt HC? Looking at Kill does not mean hiring him. But we should not settle for just group of 5 guys either.

a bit confused, who said they have "settled" for any one at this point.

if they think napier or clawson are the best fit great, then hire them ryan day isn't leaving ohio state any time soon and outside of clawson who on the d1 level is someone who has built success at a program where tcu is a move upward?

narduzzi is a guy who took over a decent pitt program and has won roughly 60% of his games. that doesn't exactly fit the description you posted about championships once again.

Mean Purple

Have a hard time believing Campbell would leave ISU for TCU. Sounds like some kind of play to get more from ISU for staff, program. Something.
could very well be a play for money. but ISU seems to take downturns every so often. so maybe he is looking. But why not some place like LSU, etc.?

Mean Purple

We just love this preschool “I know something you don’t and I’m not telling you” bleep move , you just pulled.