• The KillerFrogs

Official Coaching Search Thread….

Paul in uhh

As much as I hated Boise I thinking Kellen Moore would be great for TCU. Only big flaw is no HC experience. But imagine the recruiting in DFW that would happen and how much he could do with the talent on the offensive roster currently.
If we can get a good DC and assistants to go with him I am in. Heck, promote Gonzales and retain Kelly and Applewhite and let’s get to work

Moose Stuff

Are you kidding me? I may love where I work, but if they canned me and I had a buy-out clause, I’m going to take all of that and whatever Post-It packages I can gather up on my way out the door.
I think most people that have ever read a couple of your posts would expect Gary to have a different reaction to most things than you do. Not really an observation on whether he takes the entire buyout as much as it’s just an observation.

Stopit

Kellen probably may not have a network of possible assistant coaches that would be needed. He has not been dealing with transfer portal issues much less NIL. He probably has never gone into a recruits home and talked to the parents. So much more to being a college head football coach than being an NFL offensive coordinator. He would have a heck of a learning curve.

Long Time Lurker

Are you kidding me? I may love where I work, but if they canned me and I had a buy-out clause, I’m going to take all of that and whatever Post-It packages I can gather up on my way out the door.
I get it, but he resigned. They asked him to stay till the end of the season. I assume this has ramifications.

The Bad Guy

Prime Time would definitely give us our best chance for high recruits in the new world of college football.... I'd be interested who he would have as his coordinators and would prefer one with some valuable time as a prior head coach as well.

Prime BEEF

If those are the 8 candidates then here’s my top 5. Petersen is the home run higher to me…but doubt he comes out of retirement

1-Petersen
2-Dykes
3-Napier
4-Chadwell
5-Moore

Wexahu

They all want to be here, as long as there is nothing better offered.
Sure, but I think some will want to be here more than others. Guys that want the job because they want to be the head coach at TCU, not because the job offers them a chance to check a box on their resume and then move on.