• The KillerFrogs

It may be happening folks…. GP

y2kFrog

I was sad last week when we lost to WV because I knew this was coming. I think 100% GP believes in his heart he can fix this, and not being given the chance probably hurts him to the core.

All the people on this thread calling for GP to be fired then complaining how it was done is so typical…

steelfrog

Tier 1
it was not just gary. this was scheissed up from the beginning.
those of us on the calls are sick to our stomach. the fact that victor and jd are leading the search is frustrating. neither hired anyone in athletics of significance. jd was gc for leigh prior to tcu for heavens sake. it didn't need to go this way.
tcu pissed off a lot of people today on how this was handled. gary first. i would have left too.
Steel has found VB to be one of the most unimpressive individuals he's ever met in a position of that profile. gores to show you that the successful now in higher education are, much like the Gov, career bureaucrats

PurpleBloodSpitter

Part of me is shocked at this news coming out like this and the end being so swift and sudden, but then the other part believes this was GP's choice. I think he must know in his heart he's lost the players, and that means everything to a coach. It's really a heartbreaking end to a storied career at TCU. I'm very sad for GP, who is probably also a bit broken too. I'm not saying the result isn't what needed to happen, and should have happened, but the events leading up to this happening are truly sad. In many ways, he was his own worst enemy.

I certainly hope this is a turning point for the program, and whomever gets the reins next gets us back on course. Onward and upward.

Thank you Gary Patterson for all that you DID accomplish in putting TCU in the national spotlight.
The telling sign was the late hits and frustration of the players yesterday. If you respect Gary’s way of football, you simply don’t so that. They were calling out.

steelfrog

Tier 1
I was sad last week when we lost to WV because I knew this was coming. I think 100% GP believes in his heart he can fix this, and not being given the chance probably hurts him to the core.

All the people on this thread calling for GP to be fired then complaining how it was done is so typical…
Steel doesn't care how it was done; Steel is jubilant, at the PROSPECT of turning this around, which GP could and cannot do. After all he's the one yes, who drove it up the mountain but also drove it off a cliff

The TCU Football Jerk

That and the burgeoning student loan debt, which for students alone is more than the aggregate sub prime mortgage debt that tanked the economy in 2008. This doesn't even include the recent trend of parent loans

But that will start plateauing as enrollment decreases. That and people realize how stupid it is to wrack up 5 or 6 figures of debt for worthless degrees.

Moose Stuff

Not sure how it could have been done much differently if Gary wanted out immediately once given the news. I’m not complaining, I’m just sad at how it’s ending.