• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Mountaineers (Early Edition)

Mean Purple

This thing ain't about Bumpas. The RPO (run/pass option) is eating this defensive scheme apart. We HAVE to recognize this and recognize that Gary is incapable of changing his scheme. He says he wants to "blitz more" which is exactly what the RPO hope to do.
Most offensive coaches have figured out how easy it is show one thing and just play another against his split field schemed garbage.

Froggy Style

True unless you can blitz the middle but that takes DTs that are occupiers
If you run the 3-2-6 right, you can squeeze the middle run and let some DBs be there for contain on the outside and/or drop into the flats for covere if it's a pass. Added benefit of safeties deep and someone to cover the RB swing pass. You can also blitz off the edge without committing 7 people in the box and leaving 4 to cover 4.

One Frog Nation

I totally agree! I have been a Frog since 1970 and have seen some really poor teams, but this one is really bad! Limited offense and absolutely no defense! We would have difficulty beating a high school team! No enthusiasm!
Yep. Graduated in 74 the years after I graduated were among the worst in college football history. Love what GP has done for TCU but ….something must give

The TCU Football Jerk

This thing ain't about Bumpas. The RPO (run/pass option) is eating this defensive scheme apart. We HAVE to recognize this and recognize that Gary is incapable of changing his scheme. He says he wants to "blitz more" which is exactly what the RPO hope to do.

Yup. Offenses have changed a bunch since GP started coaching at TCU. His defense hasn't changed at all.

JAB331

Is it losing Bumpas or RPO? I dunno, but I know we've been mediocre for awhile now. We can pay a fraction of the coaching costs and get the same results, you know like all those other sub .500 teams out there.

I miss those days when we used to worry about losing Patterson, I wish someone would try to take him from us, but why would anyone want him? He keeps blaming his staff, but it's pretty clear that he's the problem.