• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

HFrog1999

I just finished watching the new Bond, and it was big, loud, action packed, but meh. I couldn’t get into any of the Craig Bond films.

Ana De Armas needed a bigger role. She is soooo frikkin gorgeous.

Free Guy was a lot of fun. Rented it on Amazon Prime for $6

I may watch NTTD again and walk out a few minutes before the end

tenor.gif

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Is a "prop gun" a firearm though?

4 rules of firearm safety:
  • 1) Treat all guns as if they are always loaded.
  • 2) Never let the muzzle point at anything you are not willing to destroy.
  • 3) Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you have made the decision to shoot.
  • 4) Be sure of your target and what is behind it.
A Hollywood prop man on the news tonite said most prop guns are actual firearms that fire blanks FWIW.

Eight

Is a "prop gun" a firearm though?

4 rules of firearm safety:
  • 1) Treat all guns as if they are always loaded.
  • 2) Never let the muzzle point at anything you are not willing to destroy.
  • 3) Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you have made the decision to shoot.
  • 4) Be sure of your target and what is behind it.

there is supposed to be a prop master on each set who checks the weapons. this was put into place after the brandon lee accidental shooting in 1993

baldwin was given the prop weapon and told it was ready for a scene in which he points and fires toward the camera(s) which is how two members of the crew were struck.

what remains to be explained is how a prop weapon that was given to an actor as ready for the scene actually had live rounds in it instead of blanks

somehow might now go to jail over this, but someone is going to pay

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
there is supposed to be a prop master on each set who checks the weapons. this was put into place after the brandon lee accidental shooting in 1993

baldwin was given the prop weapon and told it was ready for a scene in which he points and fires toward the camera(s) which is how two members of the crew were struck.

what remains to be explained is how a prop weapon that was given to an actor as ready for the scene actually had live rounds in it instead of blanks

somehow might now go to jail over this, but someone is going to pay
I'm just amazed that, in a scene where an actor is going to point a gun at someone and fire it, that all kinds of extra care were not taken by all concerned.

HFrog1999

I'm just amazed that, in a scene where an actor is going to point a gun at someone and fire it, that all kinds of extra care were not taken by all concerned.

The Hollywood armorer who tended to the deadly weapon used by Alec Baldwin on the set of “Rust” had expressed doubts about her skills and ability to load prop guns.

“You know, I was really nervous about it at first, and I almost didn’t take the job because I wasn’t sure if I was ready … but, doing it, like, it went really smoothly,” Hannah Reed said last month in the Voices of the West podcast.

Eight

daughter has a friend who handles props and is a fight co-ordinator. number of steps are taken, but things do go wrong even with all the planning

in regards to whether the weapon was loaded with true live rounds or something was wrong with the set up of the blanks we most likely will never know. not an attorney and only make fun of steel here, but i don't think it is a good thing when you have had a fatal "accident" on the set of the movie you are in charge and you make those comments in a blog

Eight

People who work in motion pictures just suck on the teat of government handouts, meanwhile they perpetuate a culture based on sex and violence.

MV5BYmE5MjZkOGEtYjlhMi00ZTNhLWE4NjgtNTNlMjU5MDYzMzBmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyOTc5MDI5NjE@._V1_.jpg

davis, is that you?

curious, do you feel that way about exxon, tesla, and the other corporations that moved their head quarters to texas for tax breaks?​

Eight

Dune was great. Could definitely argue it’s a touch boring, but I thought it was great

good to hear and if they broke the story where i think they did i can see more time being put into setting up the back half of the story similar to say the first lord of the rings movie versus the second and third

Latest posts