• The KillerFrogs

TCU vs SMEW Prediction Thread

FrogCoach84

Sounds like he’s butthurt he didn’t get recruited by TCU. From N Richland Hills
Kid is reposting tweets suggesting TCU should have recruited him.

That’s all this is. A kid is pissed off he had to go to SMU because TCU didn’t recruit him.

Is he a good player? Yes. Should TCU have been in on him? Yes.

And is his bulletin board material coming from a place of wishing he had been recruited by TCU also just proving that SMU is inferior? Once again…YES.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
Post is underrated. I've never seen one player bring down a whole squad as bad as Caesar did against Cal. He is really capable and I want to see him grow, I just hope Cal was a one off. I know these guys work hard, but you gotta make yourself exceptional and do whatever it takes to get there.

Secondary?!?!
If our “All American” DE would have had his name called one time in the entire game…….
Or layed a hand on the Cal QB just once…..

maybe the Secondary would have had more success
But with ZERO pass rush, every secondary is toast!!!!
Especially TCUs

jake102

TCU 42
SMU 35

But I could see this game going in literally any direction. I wouldn't be totally shocked if we got beat by double digits, certainly wouldn't be surprised if we win by 20+, so going with the median of my thoughts, and predicting a really close game that we pull out. I think Duggan hits one or two 50+ yarders and that allows Evans to go for 120+, Miller another 50+ and Duggan for 50+

BleedNPurple

I followed Gary’s presser…. Dude was scheissing fired up. Combine the 2019 loss with their jackass WR saying we’re scared of them (check Z Evan’s Instagram response to him) and I can GUARANTEE you this team isn’t looking ahead to UT.
Hmmm - this didn’t age well.

Horny4TCU

I think we lost because we didn't take them seriously. No one executed today. But the defense and Duggan really crapped the bed. The hype has gotten to Duggan's head. It's a team effort arsehat. Don't keep it every option play and then keep making the same crap decisions.

ECM

I think we lost because we didn't take them seriously. No one executed today. But the defense and Duggan really crapped the bed. The hype has gotten to Duggan's head. It's a team effort arsehat. Don't keep it every option play and then keep making the same crap decisions.
The whole “we didnt take them seriously“ thing is so pathetic. College football players spend all year training to go hard for 12-15 games a year. If you cant get up for one, that’s a coaching/program problem. Bottom line is we lined yall up and kicked your ass every which way for 60 minutes

Horny4TCU

The whole “we didnt take them seriously“ thing is so pathetic. College football players spend all year training to go hard for 12-15 games a year. If you cant get up for one, that’s a coaching/program problem. Bottom line is we lined yall up and kicked your ass every which way for 60 minutes
If you watch a team almost lose to LA Tech and be down for most of a game against University of North Texas, I could see looking past them. Energy was clearly not there yesterday. Kid's didn't take smew seriously, and rightfully so. Realistically, unless smew plays every game like the tcu game, y'all are gonna drop a few to lesser opponents. Hope I'm wrong to make this loss not sting so much.

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

I agree with everything in this post.

Agree, we cant tackle anyone and SMU wanted it more. They came in and beat us down. You gotta tip your cap to them.

FrogByBirth

Ticket Exchange Pass
With a TCU group of LB’ers that get run over in the hole, a QB that can only throw the ball into an ocean 1 out of 3 times, “Superstar” Defensive players that read the press clippings and then don’t show up to play, and coaches that have one of the 10 best RB’s in the country but “want to protect him with 10 carries a game”……………

SMU 38
TCU 24

and a half empty stadium that would be almost full if the game were at 7:30 at night!

Am I the only one that saw this TCU team play poor defense, lackluster Offense and bad play calling in the first 2 games???

This is a 6-6 , 5-7 team.

No energy, no coaching, no D, no pass offense, stupid play calling with the RB's vs. QB runs.................

Texas 48
TCU 24

If we wanted to keep SMU's Offense off the field, why didn't we run the ball 50 times and ball control the clock!!??
Evans 25 carries, 25 split between the others. TCU would have won (maybe)
Coaches don't have a clue.

ticketfrog123

In before all the SMU circle jerkers come in who want us to fire GP and hire Sonny Dykes

I see the OP is already one. A team that had a hard time getting things going against North Texas and needed a called back TD and hail mary to beat Louisiana Tech doesn't matter - many on this board are convinced that SMU is the better program because muh offense and muh passing yards and muh points.
Bump