• The KillerFrogs

Week 3 / Bye Week Games Thread

froginmn

Like when a base runner gets picked off and the next guy hits a HR and everyone says the pickoff cost them a run. Don’t get me started. :)
I understand the larger point, but that example seems bad. A pickoff right before a home run always costs you a run, unless you think the missing baserunner makes the HR more likely.

Pharm Frog

I thought pass interference in college was a 15 yard penalty. In the Penn State game they just said the ball would be placed at the spot of the foul. Am I missing something here?

Was the foul inside 15 yards from the LOS?

EDIT: I see FrogCoach got there first. I'm just catching up on the thread

Moose Stuff

I understand the larger point, but that example seems bad. A pickoff right before a home run always costs you a run, unless you think the missing baserunner makes the HR more likely.

The second the pickoff happens literally EVERYTHING after that is different than it otherwise would have been. You can’t just assume the batter would have still hit the HR if the runner hadn’t been picked off.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The second the pickoff happens literally EVERYTHING after that is different than it otherwise would have been. You can’t just assume the batter would have still hit the HR if the runner hadn’t been picked off.
I think it is a type of natural law, like gravity, that dictates that after a pickoff, the batter gets a hit of some kind.

froginmn

K.

In my mind, the pitcher should be more focused without a runner on base, so I think it's a bad example.

But you do you.