• The KillerFrogs

Week 3 / Bye Week Games Thread

Rabidfrog

The theory that you can change one play (Florida making the extra point) without impacting everything that happens after it. Like when a base runner gets picked off and the next guy hits a HR and everyone says the pickoff cost them a run. Don’t get me started. :)
agree. adding or subtracting pts. after the fact is a foolish way to look at a game.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
The theory that you can change one play (Florida making the extra point) without impacting everything that happens after it. Like when a base runner gets picked off and the next guy hits a HR and everyone says the pickoff cost them a run. Don’t get me started. :)
I got you. But this one might be the exception to the rule.

So Florida lost because they missed an extra point in the 2nd quarter. Bama holds on 31-29.
I bet most fans would appreciate doing away with kicking for an extra point, having instead the two point conversion attempt count as the one point. That would encourage more focus on the running game with big uglies, which I enjoy.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
I thought pass interference in college was a 15 yard penalty. In the Penn State game they just said the ball would be placed at the spot of the foul. Am I missing something here?