• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: TCU vs Cal

Paint It Purple

mentioned in a game thread chuck knobloch and i am not kidding when i ask if the deep throwing issues are a knobloch / steve sax issue now because they have to work on it every day in practice and he has to see during film sessions just how explosive this offense could be it he can make 50% of those deep throws
I’m guessing in practice Max makes those deep ball throws with touch and air underneath. The Knoblach analogy could.be correct. In a game he gets the yips and sails in 5 yards over their heads. I wouldn’t let him throw a single deep ball in practice

FrogCoach84

I’m guessing in practice Max makes those deep ball throws with touch and air underneath. The Knoblach analogy could.be correct. In a game he gets the yips and sails in 5 yards over their heads. I wouldn’t let him throw a single deep ball in practice

Sounds like he needs a sports psychologist and some in game breathing exercises

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
SMU has 0 points in first 20 minutes against North Texas maybe they aren't the amazing offense you all think they are
Wait till they come strolling into ACS. 2019 was possibly the most embarrassing game I have ever witnessed, and we just got through watching an unprepared, unmotivated TCU team stumble around for a quarter and a half before they figured out there was a game on.

There's a pattern here, and it sucks.

Froggy Style

Gary made decent adjustments at half...if he can just be ready for the deep pass early in the game...we should be much better off.

Please Gary...just stop trying to hold the other team to zero yards.

D-Rob

Way to go Frogs! I know many of you hate Baylor, but I've always rooted for TCU. I want you guys to do well. I never understood the hatred between the two schools. Maybe it's because I went to Baylor from Syracuse, NY and don't have the Texas connection. I've always felt us "little" guys need to stick together. Anyway, congrats on the win. Now let's both beat Texas!

Signed,
BU fan

The TCU Football Jerk

think the important thing to do is separate expectations and pre-season discussions from the reality which does have some very positive things

evans and johnston have the physical tools to be stars and not just on this team, but a national level. the popular word to toss around is finding some "dudes" for your team, well there are no bigger dudes on this roster than those two and they simply have to get their touches and plays designed to maximize their talent

miller is a very good compliment at back and the frogs have some more talent at receiver so this offense can score some points if they get three things:

1) max must hit the open deep throws. he made a number of very good intermediate throws and did positive things with his legs, but he simply can't leave that many points and yards out on the field with bad throws

2) the offensive line must get more consistent in the run game and the pass pro

3) meacham needs to set up the offense, scheme, and call the plays to use the advantages he has going for him in #1 and #6.

defensively, the frogs have to get their corners healthy or play their safeties back. it is that simply because they are going to face better receiver groups than cal's and they are going to get shredded

the other thing is the defensive front MUST GET CONSISTENT PRESSURE

other than that remember 2-0 is always better than 0-2

Wow, that's a lot of words. What now?

Rabidfrog

Way to go Frogs! I know many of you hate Baylor, but I've always rooted for TCU. I want you guys to do well. I never understood the hatred between the two schools. Maybe it's because I went to Baylor from Syracuse, NY and don't have the Texas connection. I've always felt us "little" guys need to stick together. Anyway, congrats on the win. Now let's both beat Texas!

Signed,
BU fan
I have degrees from both schools. Both good. On Sat. my blood runs purple, but the two old rivals who have played for over 100 yrs. should not hate each other.

Farmfrog

That was an exciting game and had a little bit of everything. I hope we found out that Zach Evans is the man and let him tote the rock. He was dynamic today and should get the major share of the carries. It looked like we really missed Daniels badly and need him back going forward. We should get better this week and hope to crush SMU.

OT I took my uncle to the game, his first since the redo. He enjoyed it and thought the crowd was better than he anticipated. Was less than I hoped but not as bad as I expected.

Moose Stuff

That was an exciting game and had a little bit of everything. I hope we found out that Zach Evans is the man and let him tote the rock. He was dynamic today and should get the major share of the carries. It looked like we really missed Daniels badly and need him back going forward. We should get better this week and hope to crush SMU.

OT I took my uncle to the game, his first since the redo. He enjoyed it and thought the crowd was better than he anticipated. Was less than I hoped but not as bad as I expected.

Yeah, I was expecting a worse crowd as well.

Latest posts