• The KillerFrogs

Schlossnagle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyfishingfrog

Dude is making somewhere near 1.5 million here with minimal pressure and complete job security. If he’s leaving because he got his feelings hurt…… bye.
not sure that is why he is leaving....think it may be why he quit listening though

and his contact was up in 2 years - no idea what role that played in all of this but obviously no coach wants to get into the last year of their contract in this line of work.

Pharm Frog

Was that right around the KU game or whenever it was we started to look terrible for a stretch?

The KU series was April 23-25. I recall this because I was pretty sure the Frogs were gonna have a real problem that Sunday.

EDIT: I should make it clear that I thought that because of the pitcher we were facing...not for anything else.

FWSTC Hfrog

You're right. Those years were a mess. But still, I suspect RW has done more for TCU than most of us ever have.
My post was baseball performance related only. I am well aware of what his Dad (and R.W) contributed to TCU and the Fort Worth community over the years. I consider those two completely different areas, altogether.

What Up Toad

If you're a top coach and not interviewing, you're leaving money on the table.

This is exactly the same reason why CEOs at Fortune 500s have seen their salaries balloon. It's all public knowledge, so they can easily show what the market is and demand the same. Then the market goes up, and they do it again.

I don't know if that's what Schloss is doing, but it seems like the logical thing to do even if he's not actively looking to leave. Patterson has said the same thing, but I'm not sure how often he's actually done it.

Paul in uhh

If you're a top coach and not interviewing, you're leaving money on the table.

This is exactly the same reason why CEOs at Fortune 500s have seen their salaries balloon. It's all public knowledge, so they can easily show what the market is and demand the same. Then the market goes up, and they do it again.

I don't know if that's what Schloss is doing, but it seems like the logical thing to do even if he's not actively looking to leave. Patterson has said the same thing, but I'm not sure how often he's actually done it.
With regard to your last point, more than people here would be comfortable knowing

Status
Not open for further replies.