• The KillerFrogs

NFL Draft

froginmn

I know a kid who's looking to be a sure draft pick. In mock drafts he showed as going anywhere from 5th round to late 6th, and there's always a chance he drops but it's looking like he'll go.

And when I say I know the kid, he's not a friend of a friend, he was at our house on Christmas day.

Kinda cool and I'm going to be watching closely until he comes off the board. Hoping it's soon; I'll be happy for him because he's earned it.

asleep003

Wonder if Washington is second guessing his decision. Would not be shocked if he is not drafted. He timed very slow and is tiny. Plays big and has good tape but another year of tape would have really helped him.
Agree ... another year on a team that could finish in the top 3 of the B12 and a possible Quality bowl, would have added to his rep too.

CountryFrog

Wonder if Washington is second guessing his decision. Would not be shocked if he is not drafted. He timed very slow and is tiny. Plays big and has good tape but another year of tape would have really helped him.
Maybe but another year was unlikely to result in him growing 4 inches and adding 30 lbs and that's ultimately the reason why he's a late round prospect instead of a 2nd or 3rd round prospect. So I'm not sure how much staying another year would've actually helped his draft position. Who knows though.

Planks

Maybe but another year was unlikely to result in him growing 4 inches and adding 30 lbs and that's ultimately the reason why he's a late round prospect instead of a 2nd or 3rd round prospect. So I'm not sure how much staying another year would've actually helped his draft position. Who knows though.

Agreed. No amount of returning to school is going to change his physical limitations.

jake102

Have to think coming off a good year of tape would have helped at least a little. He had a very mediocre season last year

CountryFrog

Have to think coming off a good year of tape would have helped at least a little. He had a very mediocre season last year
It certainly wouldn't have hurt. I'm just not sure how much it would've actually helped. These teams are drafting more based on what they think you can do in the future for them than what you already did in the past in college. AW has plenty of tape to show he's a good football player. I just don't know when the last time a successful safety in the NFL has been that small and that's infinitely more of an issue than last year's tape.

Wexahu

Agreed. No amount of returning to school is going to change his physical limitations.

No, but returning to school, sticking it out another year and finishing his degree would have helped his career, whatever it ends up being. If he’s already graduated or plans to this spring or summer, great, but I suspect that’s not the case.

He didn’t even have that great a year, that’s the odd thing. Like he had his mind made up he was leaving before the season even started.

netty2424

No, but returning to school, sticking it out another year and finishing his degree would have helped his career, whatever it ends up being. If he’s already graduated or plans to this spring or summer, great, but I suspect that’s not the case.

He didn’t even have that great a year, that’s the odd thing. Like he had his mind made up he was leaving before the season even started.
Yah he clearly needs a degree at this point. Looks like his playing days might be over. Another Hackett like mistake.

Wexahu

Yah he clearly needs a degree at this point. Looks like his playing days might be over. Another Hackett like mistake.

I believe Hackett graduated though? He redshirted a year. Big difference to me. I have a hard time questioning what a kid does if he has already graduated.

Hackett was one of my favorite players to watch. Biggest ball hawk we’ve ever had in the secondary.

frogetaboutit

I believe Hackett graduated though? He redshirted a year. Big difference to me. I have a hard time questioning what a kid does if he has already graduated.

Hackett was one of my favorite players to watch. Biggest ball hawk we’ve ever had in the secondary.

I’ll never forget that hit in the Virginia game near the goal line. Hello TCU! I’m Chris Hackett!

You know things aren't going your way when long-snappers are drafted ahead of you.

Eight

fairly certain that chris had in fact graduated and was ready to move on from college football.

agree with country that another year wasn't going to make ar'darius taller, heavier, and significantly faster. when you have linebackers running 4.6's and in some cases much faster and you go 4.7 and under 5'8" that isn't going to get much draft attention.

he certainly may get signed as a udfa and if so wish him the best. do agree that degree would be nice, but i recall reading he is the first in his family to go to college so i am not sure how much support he was getting in that area. could be completely wrong on that an apologize if so.

froginmn

I know a kid who's looking to be a sure draft pick. In mock drafts he showed as going anywhere from 5th round to late 6th, and there's always a chance he drops but it's looking like he'll go.

And when I say I know the kid, he's not a friend of a friend, he was at our house on Christmas day.

Kinda cool and I'm going to be watching closely until he comes off the board. Hoping it's soon; I'll be happy for him because he's earned it.
Update: he was drafted in round 5. Haven't talked to his dad yet but I'm sure it's a big party.