• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

Pharm Frog

FWIW...wind is blowing straight out and in a big way. Flags blowing upward. For those coming out...nobody had masks on until they posted a sign about five minutes ago saying masks and social distancing required and now they are putting on their masks. So the post about not requiring masks was a bit premature.

PurpleBlood87

FWIW...wind is blowing straight out and in a big way. Flags blowing upward. For those coming out...nobody had masks on until they posted a sign about five minutes ago saying masks and social distancing required and now they are putting on their masks. So the post about not requiring masks was a bit premature.

Are consessions available?
Or can your bring food in?

Pharm Frog

Are consessions available?
Or can your bring food in?

When we got here about 20m ago they didn’t even have a ticket taker. But there are a couple of concession trailers. Haven’t visited them yet. Many high school complexes are nicer and better equipped but I direct your attention to the banners on Washington St that announce “Welcome to Tarleton: Home of D1 Athletics”....and the Frogs can’t say too much I suppose because they do have scoreboard on TCU in baseball, volleyball twice, and I’m told basketball as well but I don’t have confirmation of that.

Eight

When we got here about 20m ago they didn’t even have a ticket taker. But there are a couple of concession trailers. Haven’t visited them yet. Many high school complexes are nicer and better equipped but I direct your attention to the banners on Washington St that announce “Welcome to Tarleton: Home of D1 Athletics”....and the Frogs can’t say too much I suppose because they do have scoreboard on TCU in baseball, volleyball twice, and I’m told basketball as well but I don’t have confirmation of that.

the only record i can find of tcu's men and tarleton playing basketball is from jan 7, 1972 when the frogs won 101-85

https://gofrogs.com/sports/mens-basketball/opponent-history/tarleton-state-university/250

now hardin simmons, that is a different matter as they do have the edge on the hardwood

YA

wrong on basketball
https://gofrogs.com/sports/mens-basketball/opponent-history/tarleton-state-university/250

Baseball we are 20-2 history with loss last year a loss and in 1993
https://gofrogs.com/sports/baseball/opponent-history/tarleton-state-university/250

Volleyball lost twice this year to tsu

PurpleBlood87

TCU 1-0 against the Texans in basketball.

https://gofrogs.com/sports/mens-basketball/opponent-history/tarleton-state-university/2500

Pharm Frog

hiphopfroggy

You conveniently leave out the very next sentence from The Times article which said:

“On Monday, a spokeswoman for Pfizer clarified that the company is part of Operation Warp Speed as a supplier of a potential coronavirus vaccine.”

Maybe you should try reading the full article and not cherry-pick what you want to fit your narrative. It is true that Pfizer didn’t “take money” for research and manufacturing purposes mainly because it didn’t need it. But prior to Ms Vaccine VP’s quote...this little nugget appears:

“In July, Pfizer got a $1.95 billion deal with the government’s Operation Warp Speed, the multiagency effort to rush a vaccine to market, to deliver 100 million doses of the vaccine. The arrangement is an advance-purchase agreement, meaning that the company won’t get paid until they deliver the vaccines.”

And FWIW — the Frogs just swept OU without any assistance from the Harris-Biden administration.

I read the article and supplied a link so that everyone could read it fully. The deal was exactly as I described it.

Germany funded the development of Pfizer’s COVID vaccine—not U.S.’s Operation Warp Speed

It’s said that success has many authors, and the encouraging data from PfizerInc.’s experimental COVID-19 vaccine had plenty of people in Washington lining up to take credit.

Vice President Mike Pence was among Trump administration officials saying support from the government’s Operation Warp Speed program helped accelerate the development of the vaccine, which was found to be more than 90% effective in preventing symptomatic COVID-19 infections in an interim analysis.

The truth is that Pfizer didn’t receive any funding from Operation Warp Speed for the development, clinical trial and manufacturing of the vaccine. Rather, its partner, BioNTech SE, has received money -- from the German government.

https://fortune.com/2020/11/09/pfizer-vaccine-funding-warp-speed-germany/

Purp

I read the article and supplied a link so that everyone could read it fully. The deal was exactly as I described it.

Germany funded the development of Pfizer’s COVID vaccine—not U.S.’s Operation Warp Speed

It’s said that success has many authors, and the encouraging data from PfizerInc.’s experimental COVID-19 vaccine had plenty of people in Washington lining up to take credit.

Vice President Mike Pence was among Trump administration officials saying support from the government’s Operation Warp Speed program helped accelerate the development of the vaccine, which was found to be more than 90% effective in preventing symptomatic COVID-19 infections in an interim analysis.

The truth is that Pfizer didn’t receive any funding from Operation Warp Speed for the development, clinical trial and manufacturing of the vaccine. Rather, its partner, BioNTech SE, has received money -- from the German government.

Yous a Hoe.jpg

Pharm Frog

I don’t generally announce who goes on ignore but making an exception in your case. Not sure how you missed that Pfizer itself through its spokesperson said it was a part of Warp Speed and that little sum of 1.95B dollars. I suspect you didn’t miss that. But leave it to libs like you to think that all government programs are just about giving away taxpayers money when everyone else knows that regulatory burden being lifted actually played a bigger factor in the effectiveness of Warp Speed. Have fun in your MLS thread.

hiphopfroggy

I don’t generally announce who goes on ignore but making an exception in your case. Not sure how you missed that Pfizer itself through its spokesperson said it was a part of Warp Speed and that little sum of 1.95B dollars. I suspect you didn’t miss that. But leave it to libs like you to think that all government programs are just about giving away taxpayers money when everyone else knows that regulatory burden being lifted actually played a bigger factor in the effectiveness of Warp Speed. Have fun in your MLS thread.

It's always the right wingers that bring politics into sports threads. I have asked repeatedly for it to stop and it never does so if you can't beat em join em.

Can you imagine if Pfizer developed their vaccine with the help of foreign money no less, and when it was approved Trump didn't purchase a large amount to be given to Americans? Because that is all he did. Pfizer got $0 dollars from the Trump administration until after the vaccine was already developed and approved. Whoopty doo.

YA

they accepted $ from the US government AFTER the vaccine development for large scale production and distribution

The confusion over the company’s participation in Warp Speed likely stemmed from Pfizer senior vice president Kathrin Jansen’s misleading statement quoted in The New York Times: “We were never part of the Warp Speed,” she said. “We have never taken any money from the US government, or from anyone.”

Another spokesperson later clarified, as did the Times, that the company is involved in Operation Warp Speed “as a supplier of a potential coronavirus vaccine.”

While other pharmaceutical companies did take federal funds to develop a vaccine, Pfizer declined to do so, the only one of the major prospective developers to go it alone.

At the same time, on July 22, Pfizer agreed to a $1.95 billion deal with the Trump administration “for large-scale production and nationwide delivery of 100 million doses of a COVID-19 vaccine in the United States following the vaccine’s successful manufacture and approval.”

Technically, that agreement has nothing to do with the development of the vaccine.

Eight

maybe some here might want to read this from the gao on operation warp speed because it sure seems there was more to this than the money

for example

"GAO found that OWS and vaccine companies adopted several strategies to accelerate vaccine development and mitigate risk. For example, OWS selected vaccine candidates that use different mechanisms to stimulate an immune response (i.e., platform technologies; see figure). Vaccine companies also took steps, such as starting large-scale manufacturing during clinical trials and combining clinical trial phases or running them concurrently. Clinical trials gather data on safety and efficacy, with more participants in each successive phase (e.g., phase 3 has more participants than phase 2)."

now i am not nearly as smart as most hear, but that sure seems to sound as if the government and the vaccine companies worked together even if a company did or did not take government funds, but i will let those smarter than me on here point out my errors

YA

maybe some here might want to read this from the gao on operation warp speed because it sure seems there was more to this than the money

for example

"GAO found that OWS and vaccine companies adopted several strategies to accelerate vaccine development and mitigate risk. For example, OWS selected vaccine candidates that use different mechanisms to stimulate an immune response (i.e., platform technologies; see figure). Vaccine companies also took steps, such as starting large-scale manufacturing during clinical trials and combining clinical trial phases or running them concurrently. Clinical trials gather data on safety and efficacy, with more participants in each successive phase (e.g., phase 3 has more participants than phase 2)."

now i am not nearly as smart as most hear, but that sure seems to sound as if the government and the vaccine companies worked together even if a company did or did not take government funds, but i will let those smarter than me on here point out my errors
It goes without saying that the US government and other governments around the world reduced regulatory red tape to get the vaccines to the public. It would not have mattered who was the US President as all the world came together for the collective good. I know this is hard for most Americans to understand this, but this was a worldwide emergency and pretty much every government that could was helping getting vaccines developed quickly and to the public.