• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

JugbandFrog

what will really suck is if the boys play their asses off the next 4 weekends - win them all, we get a regional and super - and our school (VBo, ADJD, Trustees, other Karens) are too chicken to open it up to fans beyond where we are today - which means the only people getting into that stadium are the NCAA required attendees, staff and some industry professionals - and maybe a few hundred TCU fans in the outfield. Oh and of course some of the fans from the other teams I am sure.

The NCAA current restrictions would support this result unfortunately.
But you would cry like a 2 year old not getting a Toys R Us if they opened it up 100% only to vaccinated people.

All I have learned, is that when competent people are In charge of anything, a lot gets done, and that America is full of whiny crybabies who always have to get their way.

flyfishingfrog

But you would cry like a 2 year old not getting a Toys R Us if they opened it up 100% only to vaccinated people.

All I have learned, is that when competent people are In charge of anything, a lot gets done, and that America is full of whiny crybabies who always have to get their way.
Since I am vaccinated- I would be all for that - probably get better seats that way actually and since I could give a [ Finebaum ] about the rest of you - I endorse this plan....

flyfishingfrog

oh - and when are the competent people showing up to be in charge?

FWSTC Hfrog

Looking pretty simple. The chance of getting one of the regionals + super rest on the Frogs taking 2 out of 3 series from Tech, OK. St. and TX. Horns would have to lose 3 of the 4 big series not to get the nod (because they are TX, of course). Big 12 with 2, ACC with 1 (Louisville) and of course the almighty SEC with 5 (Vandy, Ark., Ole' Miss., Miss. St., and Florida overtaking Tenn.)

At least 2 more out of the bullpen are going to have to surface or it won't matter, anyway. If not, you MIGHT squeak out of a regional but would have NO chance in a super.

flyfishingfrog

I will think of you though this weekend when I am sitting in Lubbutt with my sons and 4 grandsons all side by side for the first time this year watching TCU play baseball - because Tech is not run by chicken [ Finebaum ] virtue signalers but actually focused on getting their team a winning atmosphere and the people they depend on for donations access to make that atmosphere happen....

I might wear a mask mostly to keep from catching the "rash" but will be happy to do it to get to watch the greatest game on dirt with my 3 generations of TCU baseball lovers makes it all worth while. Just wish I could do this at the stadium we have all had season tickets at typically.

You can stay home in the basement with those who don't agree with me and exercise your right to disagree - at least for now we all have that option.

flyfishingfrog

Looking pretty simple. The chance of getting one of the regionals + super rest on the Frogs taking 2 out of 3 series from Tech, OK. St. and TX. Horns would have to lose 3 of the 4 big series not to get the nod (because they are TX, of course). Big 12 with 2, ACC with 1 (Louisville) and of course the almighty SEC with 5 (Vandy, Ark., Ole' Miss., Miss. St., and Florida overtaking Tenn.)

At least 2 more out of the bullpen are going to have to surface or it won't matter, anyway. If not, you MIGHT squeak out of a regional but would have NO chance in a super.
be interesting to see if they use this early decision as a way to send a super host site up north or out west even if none of those teams are currently in the picture for top 8.

Feel like they always want more geographic diversity and using trying to reduce travel would be a justification for not having 5 in the deep south or even 2 in Texas 175 miles apart.

Pharm Frog

Agree....Operation Warp Speed was a fantastic success. Unprecedented in fact. That said, I think they need to go on the honor system kinda like they do at the border.

FWSTC Hfrog

be interesting to see if they use this early decision as a way to send a super host site up north or out west even if none of those teams are currently in the picture for top 8.

Feel like they always want more geographic diversity and using trying to reduce travel would be a justification for not having 5 in the deep south or even 2 in Texas 175 miles apart.
Would normally agree with you. But, the west is looking so weak this season that the committee could fall back on the stricter west coast protocols and make UCLA travel.

flyfishingfrog

Would normally agree with you. But, the west is looking so weak this season that the committee could fall back on the stricter west coast protocols and make UCLA travel.
well that is a really good point - I figure California will almost disqualify themselves under the concern they either might not let out of state schools travel to the site or require a long quarantine.

flyfishingfrog

if you stay in the winners bracket - the reality is we could make what we have now work from a pitching standpoint - but that is a big if and assumes all our starters go deep each start during both.

Regionals in the winners bracket has enough days off to make it without taxing anyone - its when you lose and have to play a bunch day after day or even twice in one day that causes bullpen issues

Super is just a weekend series - just against a really good team.

leofrog

if you stay in the winners bracket - the reality is we could make what we have now work from a pitching standpoint - but that is a big if and assumes all our starters go deep each start during both.

Regionals in the winners bracket has enough days off to make it without taxing anyone - its when you lose and have to play a bunch day after day or even twice in one day that causes bullpen issues

Super is just a weekend series - just against a really good team.
?? There are no off days in regionals, even if you win. You just don’t have to play 2 games on Day 3.

Punter1

Shots fired

I wish I could like this photo 100x.

Went to a concert Sat night in Moose's neck of the woods at Whitewater Amphitheater in New Braunfels and it was MASKS OPTIONAL. So Fn awesome. Was sold out and nobody had them on.

Comal County doesn't give a darn...really never has. Them and Wimberley are the two anti-mask cities that have proved the mask BS is just that.

flyfishingfrog

?? There are no off days in regionals, even if you win. You just don’t have to play 2 games on Day 3.
Sorry you are correct - I was thinking CWS

the regional is just a 3 game weekend series for a team that wins it from the winners bracket - so basically no different that what we saw this weekend

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

Anything that REQUIRES people to get vaccinated is batshit scheissing insane. What if someone doesn't want to vaccinate their 4 year old because we don't have even the slightest clue if there are any long term effects of the vaccine? Kid can't go to the game??? Hell yeah I would [ hundin].

If you're old, sickly, fat, and/or scared stay home. Everyone else.....game on.

Last edited:

hometown frog

So back to a baseball convo and this Wade vs Nunez lead off discussion, I’d compare Wade in his Soph year w Nunez this year and there’s not that great of a differential at this point:

Wade (across 210ish ABs) hit at a .286 clip w an OBP/OPS of .434/.793 w 57 walks to 41 Ks.

Nunez (across 100ish ABs) is hitting at a .238 clip w an OBP/OPS of .384/.691 w 23/26 walk to K ratio.
So as a freshman, Nunez is at least in the range of arguably the greatest lead off guy in the recent TCU history for their first seasons playing full time. The trick will be if Nunez can progress similar to how Wade did next season.