• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

Pharm Frog

Game was way too long. So many pitching changes and so many reviews. I never did figure out why the call was reversed on the HBP that was ruled an out.

I didn’t think there were that many pitching changes. Frogs used 3 pitchers and only one mid-inning change IIRC. Miss used four.

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Horrid. Maybe the dumbest rule in baseball. So what happens with one strike or none? It's just a strike? What if it's a full count and he just instictively does that? He's out? Ridiculous.
Changed the whole trajectory of the game. We go from being down 1 run with the bases loaded to end of the inning and next thing you know we're down 3 runs and thats pretty much ballgame.

Who knows what happens if the HBP stands and we have the bases loaded? Maybe Henry gets out and leaves the bases loaded or maybe we take advantage of the HBP and blow the game open with a 2 out rally. Just sucks that we didn't get a chance to find out.

Pharm Frog

Changed the whole trajectory of the game. We go from being down 1 run with the bases loaded to end of the inning and next thing you know we're down 3 runs and thats pretty much ballgame.

Who knows what happens if the HBP stands and we have the bases loaded? Maybe Henry gets out and leaves the bases loaded or maybe we take advantage of the HBP and blow the game open with a 2 out rally. Just sucks that we didn't get a chance to find out.

We’d have gotten a bases loaded walk...duh

bmoney214

OUCH!!!
Sorry if I missed this during the off-season but what's going on with Porter Brown?

Are we that stacked that he lost his spot or is he injured or something?

I know he struggled last season after coming back from the shoulder injury in 2019. He was playing great before he got hurt.

PurpleBlood87

Sorry if I missed this during the off-season but what's going on with Porter Brown?

Are we that stacked that he lost his spot or is he injured or something?

I know he struggled last season after coming back from the shoulder injury in 2019. He was playing great before he got hurt.

He was playing first at practices I attended.

Spike

It’s strategic in some ways. Doesn’t work nearly as well when they are in the zone a lot

It seems that a lot of the things that pad stats against UTA and Texas Southern are not as effective when you play a quality team like Ole Miss or you are in a pitcher friendly park such as TD Amerititrade, which last time I heard, was the objective destination.

Spike

Spike here,
A little perspective.
Got to have lunch w Uncle, Topfrog and Sister of 2314 before seeing my favorite team play. 2 friendships that are a part of Scott, Wes, and now Ryanne's legacy. We got our pics taken w the statue of Pudge.
Wasn't the result I wanted but got to hang w my peeps and see my Frogs play. A few thoughts:
-The new stadium was gorgeous. I ate hearty before I got there because I did not want to know what the concession prices were. $15 to park? Only real gripe of the day was a rude elevator operator who couldn't give us a straight answer on how to exit the building when game was over.
-really didn't understand any of the replays. Now that I know the rule I better understand the HBP decision but how was that not a HR? And why did I lose 7 minutes of my life reviewing 2 passball/strikeouts?
-Frogs played right with a super regional team who was in the top 10. Hate to blame officials in any sport but we were a few calls and plays away from winning that game.
-They got 2 out hits, we didn't. 2 of their key hits were little bloopers that found holes, one cost 2 runs after a tough error by Sacco.
-lost a baserunner after their C made a clean catch off the turf. Good play by them but shouldn't be getting picked off there
-really don't understand why we aren't better bunters. We do not play in Arlington Stadium or Baum field. Not gonna get a lot of homeruns at Lupton or in TD Ameritrade.
-In the same vein don't understand the fascination w stealing 3rd w 2 outs. That's way dumber IMHO then sacrificing an out to get a runner over but again it pads the stats against the Texas Southerns of the world.
2 shots to the wall that were a few feet shy of getting out.
The nice thing about baseball. There is always tomorrow. See you at 11