• The KillerFrogs

OT - Movies thread

JugbandFrog

On Amazon Prime through Showtime tie-in, Steel is currently watching Your Honor, which is ok, and Ray Donovan, which is pretty good.

Steel tried Billions and it was hard to get into.

Succession was pretty good.

On HBO, The Undoing was decent leading up to a disappointing ending; and I Know This Much is True is a quiet gem; The Outsider was a little weird but entertaining

Steel wants to watch Cinemax series called Warrior. looks real good.

Steel will get Disney Prime and watch Mandalorian when other options run out.

Any other suggestions?
That gal in Undoing was smoking. I’d let her be my undoing.

Warrior is awesome. If you haven’t seen Strike Back or Penny Dreadful, check those out.

also, The Expanse on Amazon Prime is the best a scifi show ever

Pharm Frog

On Amazon Prime through Showtime tie-in, Steel is currently watching Your Honor, which is ok, and Ray Donovan, which is pretty good.

On HBO, The Undoing was decent leading up to a disappointing ending; and I Know This Much is True is a quiet gem; The Outsider was a little weird but entertaining

Any other suggestions?

Billions was brilliant in the first couple of seasons and then has deteriorated IMO. Did not find it that hard to get into. I'd recommend The Queen's Gambit but have no idea which streaming service its on. I'm trying to get into Industry but the incessant background noise and soft-talking British accents are making it difficult. Plus....the constant phone buzzing drives the mini-bernedoodle into a frenzy.

HToady

Billions was brilliant in the first couple of seasons and then has deteriorated IMO. Did not find it that hard to get into. I'd recommend The Queen's Gambit but have no idea which streaming service its on. I'm trying to get into Industry but the incessant background noise and soft-talking British accents are making it difficult. Plus....the constant phone buzzing drives the mini-bernedoodle into a frenzy.
I've watched every episode of "Billions". Still haven't seen Wendy naked, so I'm done.
"Queens Gambit" is on Netflix and is excellent, but you got to "lean in". not recommended if you're ADD.

ftwfrog

I've watched every episode of "Billions". Still haven't seen Wendy naked, so I'm done.
"Queens Gambit" is on Netflix and is excellent, but you got to "lean in". not recommended if you're ADD.
As said before, Billions was pretty entertaining for a few seasons but when I watch shows I want someone to root for. Hell, even The Wire had Omar. Every single character in Billions, IMO, is a human piece of [ Finebaum ] that tries to ruin the lives of others. Oh, and the story never changes.

HToady

As said before, Billions was pretty entertaining for a few seasons but when I watch shows I want someone to root for. Hell, even The Wire had Omar. Every single character in Billions, IMO, is a human piece of [ #2020 ] that tries to ruin the lives of others. Oh, and the story never changes.
I said the same about “Yellowstone” Who was I supposed to like? I ended up rooting for the Indians.

Zubaz

Finally got around to checking out Cobra Kai. Burned through S1 in one night. Johnny’s turn on a dime Jekyll & Hyde bit is mildly annoying, but this is the most entertaining show I’ve seen in a while.
Just started this one so no spoilers please.
It finally showed up on Netflix. Have heard a lot of great things about it.
Bump for a reminder that Season 3 drops tomorrow.

CC: @Moose Stuff

SwissArmyFrog

"Game Night" - came out couple years ago. Absolutely hilarious fun. And the scene with the dog in the security guards house was the cherry on top.

"Fatman" - dark comedy w/ Mel Gibson as a dark Santa Claus. The trailer was hilarious, but haven't yet watched it.

"Monsturd" - seriously, a sewer work gets caught in an explosion (while on the job) that involves radiation and turns into the titled monster. It really does exist, and is one of those 'so bad its good' movies.

Chongo94

Any other suggestions?

Warrior is absolute greatness. I believe it will be coming to HBO Max in the next month or so.

jack the frog

That gal in Undoing was smoking. I’d let her be my undoing.

Warrior is awesome. If you haven’t seen Strike Back or Penny Dreadful, check those out.

also, The Expanse on Amazon Prime is the best a scifi show ever

I have tried The Expanse a couple of times but it never took. I have a tough time sitting down for much that is not a good book but this inspired me to try again. Finally broke the ice and got in to it. It is excellent. I’ve watch over the past month through some vacation burn and a case of the Colvid.

Mindhunter on Netflix is well done also and Sweet Home for an offbeat Korean monster series.

HG73

Wife and I went to the movies for the first time since covid. Cinemark in Rockwall, our usual haunt. We normally went around every other week or so, made dinner out of the refillable popcorn and coke. Really enjoyed ourselves. Wonder woman was $12.84 each plus a $3.50 online fee. Worst part was the popcorn isn't refillable anymore. No point in going back. They just updated the theater last year with those reclining seats and wet bar out front. New parking garage almost finished. Maybe 8-10 people in the theater. Sucks to be them.

Frog-in-law1995

Wife and I went to the movies for the first time since covid. Cinemark in Rockwall, our usual haunt. We normally went around every other week or so, made dinner out of the refillable popcorn and coke. Really enjoyed ourselves. Wonder woman was $12.84 each plus a $3.50 online fee. Worst part was the popcorn isn't refillable anymore. No point in going back. They just updated the theater last year with those reclining seats and wet bar out front. New parking garage almost finished. Maybe 8-10 people in the theater. Sucks to be them.

The cinemark near us was trying to make extra money by renting their small theaters out. You got to pick from a list of about 25 movies and bring up to 20 people. Took my son and his friends to see Jurassic Park, Batman and Addams Family this fall. Was a really great experience.

Eight

The cinemark near us was trying to make extra money by renting their small theaters out. You got to pick from a list of about 25 movies and bring up to 20 people. Took my son and his friends to see Jurassic Park, Batman and Addams Family this fall. Was a really great experience.

wife has had a couple of friends rent theaters for group viewings.

price was surprising and i guess some money is better than nothing