• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
When it comes to TV commercials, I ignore, mute, change channels, etc. So I just now noticed that the Santa in the Capitol One ad is John Travolta, talking to Samuel Jackson. It was confirmed at the end, when Santa used Pulp Fiction dance moves. John Travolta makes an odd looking Santa.
john-travolta-samuel-l-jackson.jpg

SuperBarrFrog

Honda Ridgeline with the Realtree trim package.

Real cherry rig

My dad has a Ridgeline and it is a super nice and functional truck. Unless you are towing tons of stuff I’d take it over most trucks. The big locking trunk when a drain plug and tailgating package with the external speakers Makes for a great party vehicle.

Ron Swanson

Ron, based on the photo it looks like your lower extremity strength must be much better. I may have missed an update from you, but that seems like great news for you.
I’ve gotten pretty good at walking around with my leg braces on. I walk my dogs around the neighborhood all the time and don’t have any big issues (other than my awkward gait). I am still functionally paralyzed below both knees, but I’m starting to be able to twitch my calf muscles more and more. The hardest thing for me is just standing still without something to hold onto. You’d be surprised how much balance is dependent on your foot muscles.

The improved walking ability is due to improved quad strength and just practice. The stem cell transplant doc told me I should see significant nerve damage repair within 3 months of my transplant date (11/20/2020) and then will likely be close to normal within a year.

Fingers crossed

Last edited:

Eight

I’ve gotten pretty good at walking around with my leg braces on. I walk my dogs around the neighborhood all the time and don’t have any big issues (other than my awkward gait). I am still functionally paralyzed below both knees, but I’m starting to be able to twitch my calf muscles more and more. The hardest thing for me is just standing still without something to hold onto. You’d be surprised how much balance is dependent on your foot muscles.

The improved walking ability is due to improved quad strength and just practice. The stem cell transplant doc told me I should see significant nerve dame repair within 3 months of my transplant date (11/20/2020) and then will likely be close to normal within a year.

Fingers crossed

best of luck in the recovery and you sound like you are ready to play quarterback for the frogs

Boomhauer

The improved walking ability is due to improved quad strength and just practice. The stem cell transplant doc told me I should see significant nerve damage repair within 3 months of my transplant date (11/20/2020) and then will likely be close to normal within a year.

Fingers crossed

Great news Ron. You will be driving that Honda Ridgeline in no time.

Seriously though, thanks for the update and glad to hear things are looking up. Fingers crossed here as well.

Latest posts