• The KillerFrogs

Championship week game thread

All the more satisfying when the good guys beat the odds!

Wexahu is a fan of TCU and A&M. I just mentioned they were allowing holding on both sides. I notice Purdy nervous throwing which I think is bad for his NFL future, I mentioned it, doesn't mean I hate Iowa State. If I think a targeting call is bogus I'll call it. I call what I see out on the forums. Wexahu doesn't like it. Thinks I call it fixed every game when I haven't. But A&M fans are mostly all sensitive they all can't handle anything against them. Same with Wexahu. Do I think TCU gets the shaft a lot versus OU/UT and a team that will be a big money matchup the following week, sure. I notice that crap and call it out. Who cares.

Wexahu

Wexahu is a fan of TCU and A&M. I just mentioned they were allowing holding on both sides. I notice Purdy nervous throwing which I think is bad for his NFL future, I mentioned it, doesn't mean I hate Iowa State. If I think a targeting call is bogus I'll call it. I call what I see out on the forums. Wexahu doesn't like it. Thinks I call it fixed every game when I haven't. But A&M fans are mostly all sensitive they all can't handle anything against them. Same with Wexahu. Do I think TCU gets the shaft a lot versus OU/UT and a team that will be a big money matchup the following week, sure. I notice that crap and call it out. Who cares.

I’m an A&M fan now? First time I’ve ever been called that.

FWIW, I hope Tennessee, Northwestern, and Notre Dame win today.

And I don’t think we “get the shaft” against OU and UT. We’re 7-2 against UT because we have their number and we kick their ass. We’re 1-8 against OU because they kick our ass. In last year’s UT game the refs swallowed the whistle on several plays that could’ve gone against us in crunch time. It happens in football sometimes.

Wexahu

Always flabbergasted by how Tennessee can be as bad as they are with top 20 recruiting classes every year.

True, but having Alabama as their annual crossover rival isn’t doing that program any favors in getting over the hump. One of the major downsides of divisions. Kentucky plays Miss State every year. Missouri plays Arkansas. Tennessee gets Bama. How is that even remotely fair?

TCU_91

True, but having Alabama as their annual crossover rival isn’t doing that program any favors in getting over the hump. One of the major downsides of divisions. Kentucky plays Miss State every year. Missouri plays Arkansas. Tennessee gets Bama. How is that even remotely fair?

Pretty simple. Tennessee wanted it that way.

froginmn

Yeah, but they still lose 4 games in their best years. Can't blame that on Bama.

Its more a terrible rule than it was a terrible call. I don’t agree with the call, but it’s mainly because the penalty is too severe. Shouldn’t be targeting if you don’t lead with helmet, but the rule says it doesn’t matter.

This. It's amazing how many people on here still don't understand the targeting rule. 100% correct call. 100% bad rule.

Wexahu

Yeah, but they still lose 4 games in their best years. Can't blame that on Bama.

Well, one of those losses you can. I think it’s harder for a program like that to get momentum when you’re running up against that wall every year and the teams you are trying to beat aren’t.

Not really trying to make an excuse for them (well, maybe I kind of am) but I think that’s a [ Finebaum ]ty hand they’ve been dealt.

CountryFrog

The SEC scheduling model is moronic to the nth degree but there's no way in hell that Tennessee's annual game against Alabama is holding back their program in any way whatsoever. They can lose that one game every single year and still win their division. Plus every school in the SEC West plays Alabama every year and there are still successful programs over there.

Also, you're a Texas A&M fan. Now you've been called that twice.

Wexahu

The SEC scheduling model is moronic to the nth degree but there's no way in hell that Tennessee's annual game against Alabama is holding back their program in any way whatsoever. They can lose that one game every single year and still win their division. Plus every school in the SEC West plays Alabama every year and there are still successful programs over there.

Also, you're a Texas A&M fan. Now you've been called that twice.

When you are an East Division team losses to West division teams count toward the conference standings. Of course it makes a difference. Those other East teams have an easier path almost every year.

Gig em!!

CountryFrog

Ohio St struggling
TAMU struggling

How can you be top 4 when Bama beats you by what 4 TDs?
I HATE that you can make a 4 team playoff without even qualifying for your conference championship game.

Likewise we missed out on a NY6 bowl in 17 simply because we lost the B12 CCG. If we'd just not qualified for the game then we would've gotten in due to our high ranking.

Wexahu

I HATE that you can make a 4 team playoff without even qualifying for your conference championship game.

Likewise we missed out on a NY6 bowl in 17 simply because we lost the B12 CCG. If we'd just not qualified for the game then we would've gotten in due to our high ranking.

I just think the conference championship game thing is a bit overrated. They are mostly made for TV games. I don’t think a 8-1 team that is clearly better than a 7-2 team should be downgraded or disqualified just because they didn’t make a CCG.

As for a team like OSU, who is [ Finebaum ]ting the bed right now, I can see how it’s BS that they’ve only played 6 games. But they haven’t backed out of any of them, that’s kind of BS too. I don’t think it’s just coincidence that teams get COVID issues the week of the OSU game.

It’s just a messed up year.