• The KillerFrogs

2020 Recruiting Thread

Eight

I’ve said that myself plenty but when it comes to big guys I lean towards a RS. I said it last week..Coker is the only kid on the roster I have a hard time making the call on. I would just say, if your going to blow that RS..You got to give him every snap for the next 3 to grow him

i just don't buy you make a decision now for what you may get three years from now when you not only slow coker's development for next year, but you aren't protecting max with the best line possible

Froggish

so apparently someone(s) on the staff felt james lynch couldn't play defensive line for the frogs and there was a staff decision kenneth murray couldn't play linebacker in the big 12

HSO here but it’s taken until his SR year for Lynch to be the dominant force he is. Not saying we were right in passing on him but I think part of his growth was him having to play early in the wasteland of Baylor and it’s paying off 4 years later

Eight

HSO here but it’s taken until his SR year for Lynch to be the dominant force he is. Not saying we were right in passing on him but I think part of his growth was him having to play early in the wasteland of Baylor and it’s paying off 4 years later

so he benefitted from not red shirting and instead playing?

Froggish

so he benefitted from not red shirting and instead playing?
Playing a lot...I could make a pretty good case that he wouldn’t have gotten near as many snaps here behind Banogu and LJ/Sunshine for 3 years. He’s probably not the player here that he’s developed into in Waco

Eight

Playing a lot...I could make a pretty good case that he wouldn’t have gotten near as many snaps here behind Banogu and LJ/Sunshine for 3 years. He’s probably not the player here that he’s developed into in Waco

so a freshman offensive tackle who is better than the senior backup might benefit from playing instead of standing on the sideline?

Froggish

so a freshman offensive tackle who is better than the senior backup might benefit from playing instead of standing on the sideline?
Absolutely...No argument there..it’s just late in the year and I’m worried the cost might be more than the benefit..

Ron Swanson

you lose the opportunity for live game action an experience for a player who will most likely be a starting tackle next year for what might happen in 3 years?

the world has change and if coker pans out you possibly lose him after his junior season
I’m up in the air on whether or not it is worth redshirting him or not, but the one or two games of experience isn’t that much of a factor. He’s not going to be that much better over the next three years because he played in a game or two at the end of his freshman year. The question is whether or not he is more valuable to you now or in four years (obviously weighing in the odds of him being here in four years).

Eight

I’m up in the air on whether or not it is worth redshirting him or not, but the one or two games of experience isn’t that much of a factor. He’s not going to be that much better over the next three years because he played in a game or two at the end of his freshman year. The question is whether or not he is more valuable to you now or in four years (obviously weighing in the odds of him being here in four years).

not worried about three years from now, but next fall

game reps matter and if he is the best right tackle on the roster right now he needs to be playing and learning

PO Frog

You’re talking about different players. James Lynch is a freshman and is the Defensive player of the year in the conference imo, certainly newcomer of the year. We only wanted him to play OL. He’s got double digit sacks as a freshman DE. Doubt he could crack our starting lineup though with the play we’ve gotten this year.

Froggish

You’re talking about different players. James Lynch is a freshman and is the Defensive player of the year in the conference imo, certainly newcomer of the year. We only wanted him to play OL. He’s got double digit sacks as a freshman DE. Doubt he could crack our starting lineup though with the play we’ve gotten this year.

Your right...Confusing him and another player

Moose Stuff

James Lynch is absolutely a JR.