• The KillerFrogs

2019 MLB Thread

Moose Stuff

Saarloos recently turned down the D’Backs as well. Interesting trend. Your average young college pitching coach is way more technology/analytics savvy than your typical 55-60 year old MLB pitching coach. College guys are so well paid (at the major programs) and the job security is so good it’s real tough to pry them out though. I’d much rather be the pitching coach at TCU than for the Yankees personally.

Eight

i might be way off base, but two at bats really stood out last night in the difference in approach to the game last night.

rendon's first at bat where he finally finds a pitch and simply puts the ball in ball with a simple swing guiding the ball through a wide open right side with altuve shifted behind second.

he didn't try to see how hard he could hit the ball, no worry about exit velocity, simply put the ball in play and the nats went up 1-0.

later in the game astros have runners at 2nd and 3rd with one out, altuve up and if he can put the ball in play chances are the astros tie the ball game. he ends up striking out and the astros never get close to mounting a challenge.

the loss isn't on altuve, but the astros at times in this series have reminded me of the rockets against golden state a few years back when they lost the pivotal game because they kept firing away from behind the 3-pt line because that is what they do,.

MTfrog5

People that don’t like him are entitled to think what they want...... I like him. Yeah he’s arrogant but so what? He’s the hardest worker you’ll ever find, a great teammate, plays his ass off every night, and is a very solid human off the field. He could play on my team any day.

On more than one occasion I saw AB taking ground balls AFTER a night game at LSU and the staff there had to make him his own key to use the batting cage because he was routinely wanting someone to let him in in the middle of the night. Just illustrating what he’s about.
That’s fine and I’d love him if he played on my team. All of what you’ve said doesn’t change the fact he’s a prick

FBallFan123

Like in the above case of Altuve, It's not called because there was no interference. It's a routine play. In Turner's case, he interfered with the first baseman. It's obvious to me anyway.

The difference is one play had contact and one play didn't.

The Zimmernan/Altuve play there's no contact between the glove and the runner.

In part, because of the throws, Zimmerman can take his glove toward the throw, while the throw to Gurriel takes his glove towards the basepath/runner.

It's a bad throw to Gurriel.

Anyways. below is a video of the Altuve run and the Turner play...

Last edited:
LOL, I’m not dying bud. Just saying. The HPU called the interference, upheld in NY, and MLB says they called it correctly. But I get it. Everybody hates the umps.

They have gotten really bad with almost no accountability. I'm sure if Eric Cooper had sucked more would have been said about his sudden passing. But because he was really good they just put a patch on their sleeves and MLB barely makes mention.

LisaLT

Saarloos recently turned down the D’Backs as well. Interesting trend. Your average young college pitching coach is way more technology/analytics savvy than your typical 55-60 year old MLB pitching coach. College guys are so well paid (at the major programs) and the job security is so good it’s real tough to pry them out though. I’d much rather be the pitching coach at TCU than for the Yankees personally.

NO WAY. Pitching coach at the NYY would be a huge step up ;)