• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Homecoming/Horns Down Edition

QuilterFrawg

CDR USN (Ret)
So happy
maxresdefault.jpg

Moose Stuff

Two plays that are squarely on Herman that loom large in this game: The attempted icing of Kell that game him a mulligan on the long field goal to end the half and declining the holding penalty that would have given TCU 2nd and 20 deep in Frog territory early in the 3rd. Kell hits his second attempt and TCU converted on 3rd and 10 and went on to score on the drive iirc.

Not sure how you fault him on icing Kell. Like he should have known he was gonna miss the kick and make the second one?

Not sure how you fault him on icing Kell. Like he should have known he was gonna miss the kick and make the second one?
I have always thought “icing” is a juvenile, [ Finebaum ] move. I suppose someone with more time than I have can look up the numbers but I just don’t recall it making much difference since it came into vogue...and how would we know? Most times the call comes in before the kick. I think just letting the kick happen is superior.

BedfordFrog68

I'm sure it has been mentioned, but you know that some of those wearing orange had to be upset and snickering in their arrogant and uninformed way that we scheduled them for our homecoming game. After that W, I get a tingly feeling thinking about those people.

In the SWC years, nearly every home game with UT ways homecoming.....

Rose Bowl

I went dark today because I knew it was going to be crazy around here. I will start off by saying that was a pretty solid crowd that seemed to stay in the game. I’m not sure why the people (mostly students I think) decided to charge the field, it was only Texas, but I’m old.

As for the game, I thought Max played well and was the difference for us. He missed a few that were there but outside the int he was very solid. We ran the ball pretty effectively but went away from it at times, which left me scratching my head. The passing game was good but I still think it can be better. Barber being back was very nice to see. The run defense was good if not great and the ints made the pass defense, at least, palatable. Still too many breakdowns but they played the ball much better today.

Great win and I hope we can replicate this effort and outcome more this season.

Latest posts