• The KillerFrogs

Basketball Predictions

Billy Clyde

SIAP/discussed, but what's the general vibe on having Shaq at Scholl? I'm not really feeling it, and wonder if current students who are probably too young to have ever even seen one of his awful movies really care? OTOH, at least I guess it can't be as potentially embarrassing as Snoop at KU.

Skip Jansen

OK.... but if people on this board know about them doesn’t the NCAA know about them? Not trying to argue with you or anything, just confused by secret illegal scrimmages that somehow everyone knows about.

A couple of things-

The coaches see it as a necessary part of getting ready for the season, so the all do it and the NCAA doesn't seem to mind.

Also, college coaches don't have much fear or respect for the NCAA's governing abilities. Did you see what happened at KU for their midnight madness? That's all you need to know.

Skip Jansen

I know nothing that isn’t public, but Corey Evans said something like he thinks TCU is actually the favorite here. Seems like we have gathered some momentum.

I didn't see it but, I think Corey may have said that because TTU looks like they are close to full.

I do know that TCU made up a lot of ground on his visit. If he signs early, I like the Frog's chances. Should know pretty soon. We'll see.

Francis Xav

I didn't see it but, I think Corey may have said that because TTU looks like they are close to full.

I do know that TCU made up a lot of ground on his visit. If he signs early, I like the Frog's chances. Should know pretty soon. We'll see.
I believe that was a reasoning in addition to him liking TCU

helcap

A couple of things-

The coaches see it as a necessary part of getting ready for the season, so the all do it and the NCAA doesn't seem to mind.

Also, college coaches don't have much fear or respect for the NCAA's governing abilities. Did you see what happened at KU for their midnight madness? That's all you need to know.
According to this article https://247sports.com/college/north...immage-Opponent-Date-Set-Villanova-136418447/

North Carolina will host Villanova for a "secret scrimmage" on Saturday, Oct. 27 in Chapel Hill, multiple sources have confirmed to Inside Carolina. Every Division I college basketball team is allowed two preseason games, with any combination of scrimmages and/or exhibitions. So a team may hold one secret scrimmage and one exhibition or choose just two scrimmages or two exhibitions.

Skip Jansen

According to this article https://247sports.com/college/north...immage-Opponent-Date-Set-Villanova-136418447/

North Carolina will host Villanova for a "secret scrimmage" on Saturday, Oct. 27 in Chapel Hill, multiple sources have confirmed to Inside Carolina. Every Division I college basketball team is allowed two preseason games, with any combination of scrimmages and/or exhibitions. So a team may hold one secret scrimmage and one exhibition or choose just two scrimmages or two exhibitions.

They used to not allow them at all. They recently changed because all teams were doing it.

I believe schools can charge admission for the exhibitions but the money has to be donated to a charity. Something like that.

Skip Jansen

Anybody who questions 1 damn thing Skip says is a damn fool :)

To be fair, I should have worded it better (or more thorough).

The question that Moose asked was-

- "why are they secret?"

I responded-

- "The NCAA didn't allow them."

I should have said-

- The NCAA didn't allow them when they first started so they had to be 'secret'.

It's my fault. I'll do better. I appreciate you having my back though.

Farmfrog

Skip what have you heard about the bottom of the roster? How have Barlow, Pearson and Todd been in practice? Think depth could be a big asset for this squad.