• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Iron Skillet Edition

Wexahu

Our play calling absolutely sucked on that last drive. We had SMU where we needed them....down 3pts with the ball at their 40 with over 2 minutes to play. This game belonged to TCU.

Our offense has zero creativity!!

The coaches aren’t confident in the passing game. Can’t say I blame them.

steelfrog

Tier 1
If I told you before the game that Offense would score 38, you'd prolly take it.

If I told you before game that Defense would allow 41 points, you would say NO WAY.

Froggy Style

SMU linebackers played on their heels a majority of the game. With Delton, Sewo, and Anderson in the backfield we dominate their defense. We all saw what Anderson did alone. Why stay one dimensional with receivers who can't catch and a freshman QB that is experiencing "adrenaline" every time he throws? Outcoached and stubborn smh
It is unexplainable, but it’s Gary’s fault for watching it for three years.

PurpleBloodSpitter

Delton would have won that game FYI
Absolutely. In totally get developing a young QB and Duggan has a lot of upside. Once SMU is back ahead by 14 and you stick with Duggan you're being on the future. I get it. Other than receivers 2-x you actually have a team to potentially compete for #2 in the Big XII. It's disappointing to not see the A players who are in their final year not be given a chance to really shine. Hope I'm wrong and the future is later this year.

Pharm Frog

SMU linebackers played on their heels a majority of the game. With Delton, Sewo, and Anderson in the backfield we dominate their defense. We all saw what Anderson did alone. Why stay one dimensional with receivers who can't catch and a freshman QB that is experiencing "adrenaline" every time he throws? Outcoached and stubborn smh

Their backers would have no reason to be on their heels with Delton in sorta like the 3rd and short play that set up the Sewo disaster

Mean Purple

It is unexplainable, but it’s Gary’s fault for watching it for three years.
Exactly. If he won't make a change, then he is gonna end up feeling heat himself. And it is sad. The whole world sees it. He won't bring in big time coordinators. If he is afraid his defense with get overshadowed, well, he just got it handed to him.

Mean Purple

Absolutely. In totally get developing a young QB and Duggan has a lot of upside. Once SMU is back ahead by 14 and you stick with Duggan you're being on the future. I get it. Other than receivers 2-x you actually have a team to potentially compete for #2 in the Big XII. It's disappointing to not see the A players who are in their final year not be given a chance to really shine. Hope I'm wrong and the future is later this year.
I just don't know. This offense has zero identity. Either SC is just very bad at play calling or Patterson is stepping on his toes in the worst way. But this team has not been consistent for several years.

The play calling makes zero sense. Just unreal.

LisaLT

How on earth do u not either 1) let DA run the ball on that 4th down or 2) let Song attempt a FG and go to OT? Two TERRIBLE 4th down calls in this game (in a game filled with head scratching calls).

Froggish

Just to be clear....We out gained them in total yards and held them to 2.5 yard a carry. Take away the opening possession and those 3 awful turnovers that practically gave them points and.....Well who gives a /$@@