• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

A while back, I boycotted sonic because I was irritated with their burgers being smothered in mustard even when I asked for no mustard. Sometimes it’s the little things that set people off.

For the record... I like mustard. It’s the yellow equivalent of mayo (change my mind), But the maniacs at Sonic would drown a perfectly good burger and darn it up.

I’m back to smashing #2’s with a diet dr. Pepper now that the local Sonics have quit ruining burgers for everyone.

I just had a smashing #2.

Sand Frog

As much as I agree with this I disagree with your Kincaid's and Whataburger opinions just as forcefully. You're a weird. Charley's is probably my favorite in FW too, but those others are also excellent.

Agree! The Diablo Burger at Fred's for the win, but can't beat a normal cheese burger at the original Kincaid's. Original Charley's is a staple, but I can only do it ever so often due to the grease. Might be the best hangover option out there though!

Place in Euless that's closed now had an off the chart burger. Ted E's was the place. It was never packed. Can understand why it closed due to little traffic, but the food was great. Maybe location was the reason? Anyway, they had a Ranch Burger. 7 oz Patty, Fried Onion Strings, Fried Tomatoes, Hickory Smoked Bacon, Swiss Cheese, Ranch Mayo, Lettuce & Pickles. Here to tell you. OFF THE CHARTS good!

Twisted Root over in that area is pretty dang good as well.

After writing that, no wonder I needed to loose the 95 pounds I've lost the last 6 months. lol

Purp

Agree! The Diablo Burger at Fred's for the win, but can't beat a normal cheese burger at the original Kincaid's. Original Charley's is a staple, but I can only do it ever so often due to the grease. Might be the best hangover option out there though!

Place in Euless that's closed now had an off the chart burger. Ted E's was the place. It was never packed. Can understand why it closed due to little traffic, but the food was great. Maybe location was the reason? Anyway, they had a Ranch Burger. 7 oz Patty, Fried Onion Strings, Fried Tomatoes, Hickory Smoked Bacon, Swiss Cheese, Ranch Mayo, Lettuce & Pickles. Here to tell you. OFF THE CHARTS good!

Twisted Root over in that area is pretty dang good as well.

After writing that, no wonder I needed to loose the 95 pounds I've lost the last 6 months. lol
Maybe that's why I haven't seen you at baseball games this year. You're 60% of the man you used to be.

Purp

Chapps is probably my favorite, but I’m not terribly picky. Gonna have to give Charley’s a second try, I guess...must’ve gone on a bad day.
My wife doesn't like Charley's, but I try to drag her in there anyway every time we come for a baseball or basketball game around meal time.

Purp

I've been to several. Definitely more difficult now that Lupton isn't in my backyard with the move. 40 more pounds to go!
I haven't made many either. We're 30 minutes away, have a new baby (Tuesday nights are out), I play soccer on Friday nights, and my son has soccer on Saturdays. If we can't make it on Sundays after church we're going to miss the entire week. I hate it, but I also love it. I wish I could go to more games, but I don't regret the reasons I miss them.

Congrats on the weight loss. That yuuuuuge. Or maybe it's actually the opposite. Either way, very impressive and I'm sure a significant benefit to your health.

Sand Frog

I haven't made many either. We're 30 minutes away, have a new baby (Tuesday nights are out), I play soccer on Friday nights, and my son has soccer on Saturdays. If we can't make it on Sundays after church we're going to miss the entire week. I hate it, but I also love it. I wish I could go to more games, but I don't regret the reasons I miss them.

Congrats on the weight loss. That yuuuuuge. Or maybe it's actually the opposite. Either way, very impressive and I'm sure a significant benefit to your health.

Pretty much same here. Kids started sports this spring. Practice Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, three games on Saturday, and sometimes a game on Tuesday. By Sunday after church, I just don't feel like driving to Fort Worth to catch a game. I've made a few of the Tuesday and Friday night games. I went to one of the Saturday games since it was a night game. Plan on going tonight with a couple of friends who have sons playing select ball that want to watch Lodolo pitch. Hopefully the Frogs show up to play tonight.

Thanks! More than significant on the health. Physical back in October is what started this. Didn't realize how big I had gotten and knew I needed to make a 180 degree health change not only for myself, but for my family. I was teetering on high blood pressure with needing meds as well as diabetes running in my family. So, I knew being diabetic was on the horizon as well. Not to mention all the much higher risks to heart attach, how bad I felt, how I was sleeping, etc, etc. It was effecting my quality of life, and I didn't realize it until I started loosing. Went back to the doctor last week. He was shocked at how much I had lost. All blood work and blood pressure back to normal. Can't even being to tell you how much better I feel.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
Actually could be possible. Cattle are curious and they’ll eat ship like little kids will swallow a quarter or whatever else they find and stick in their mouths. Cows can pick up pieces of metal in the pasture(nails, bolts, fence wire, whatever, hence hardware disease). These things can basically penetrate the walls or lining of the second chamber causing problems including infection or even congestive heart failure in some cases if it penetrates the sac around the heart. Blows. Meant to sell these a couple weeks ago and got busy. She’ll probably have to be put down if the vet confirms it.
Some vets can pass a magnet probe down their esophagus and pull out the metallic stuff that is ferromagnetic. PS, if you want to get more $$ when you sell your cattle, call your house rep and tell him/her to vote for HB 2761. PPS, if you are a consumer and want accuracy in labeling of the origin of beef and pork products, do the same.

netty2424

Some vets can pass a magnet probe down their esophagus and pull out the metallic stuff that is ferromagnetic. PS, if you want to get more $$ when you sell your cattle, call your house rep and tell him/her to vote for HB 2761. PPS, if you are a consumer and want accuracy in labeling of the origin of beef and pork products, do the same.
Asked my vet about that yesterday and he basically said it was pretty hit or miss, especially if the metal is truly embedded. He said he actually doesn’t even own one bc he felt like they’re just not very effective. We’re going to watch her for a few days and see what happens. Kind of felt like the swelling had gone down a little bit yesterday so we’re hoping it’s a bruise that’s accumulated some fluid around it.

Purp

Damn, I know shrapnel gets in some crazy places, but never heard or that as a method for removing it.