• The KillerFrogs

Selection Sunday Thread

LawFrog504

Tech needed OT to get by OSU at home and then lost to WVU in the tourney. Whether we belonged or not, a single loss is not what defines how bad you are any more than our 2 wins over Iowa St define how good we are.
Would love to know what you have seen the last month that leads you to believe we belonged in the tourney. We simply don't have the bodies. We had no other options, so We pushed all our chips into the middle of the pot and went all in with a turnover prone PG running around in hopes that Bane or Noi would catch fire that day. Lot of this season was out of our control (re:transfers), but regardless, we didn't really belong

MTfrog5

Before half the roster was depleted
And we didn’t lose to them until our roster was depleted. Metrics don’t care what the roster looks like when you win or lose. Both teams had roster issues. Look at how OSU played against teams not named TCU the last month of the season.

CountryFrog

Would love to know what you have seen the last month that leads you to believe we belonged in the tourney. We simply don't have the bodies. We had no other options, so We pushed all our chips into the middle of the pot and went all in with a turnover prone PG running around in hopes that Bane or Noi would catch fire that day. Lot of this season was out of our control (re:transfers), but regardless, we didn't really belong
I have no idea how anything you wrote here relates in any way to anything I said.

Wexahu

Trust me, I know where you’re coming from. If this thread proves anything, it’s that expanding the football playoffs to 8, or even 16 teams, isn’t going to be enough to keep people from complaining about committees, speculating about conspiracies, or anything else that comes with that. I didn’t watch enough college basketball this year to have much of an opinion on who “deserved” to get in or not but when you have people upset that a team that won less than 40% of its conference games didn’t get in it’s pretty dumb, regardless of who did get in. Many of the same people who’ve been saying we had little chance to play well because of having only 7 scholarship players are those that think we should be in. What is the tournament for anyway?

Pharm Frog

Trust me, I know where you’re coming from. If this thread proves anything, it’s that expanding the football playoffs to 8, or even 16 teams, isn’t going to be enough to keep people from complaining about committees, speculating about conspiracies, or anything else that comes with that. I didn’t watch enough college basketball this year to have much of an opinion on who “deserved” to get in or not but when you have people upset that a team that won less than 40% of its conference games didn’t get in it’s pretty dumb, regardless of who did get in. Many of the same people who’ve been saying we had little chance to play well because of having only 7 scholarship players are those that think we should be in. What is the tournament for anyway?

Making money.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I will admit it seems that teams with worse resumes than the frogs got in. But does it matter? Frogs weren’t going on some fun little Cinderella run to the sweet 16. They just aren’t good enough or deep enough.

A good hard run through the NIT seems like more fun to me. Probably for the team as well.

Just doesn’t bother me. Season was fun. Glad I had season tickets. Will ride this ride again next year. With any luck in better seats though.

4th. down

Well, Noi was injured and out for 2 of those 3 games so that's the reason for not finding him.

0, 4, 20, 8 for Mr. Noi for the last games (points). I'm not inferring that the facts are that important as there may be other factors involved but it is what it is, while Miller went 2, 5, 5, & 8.

Latest posts