• The KillerFrogs

TCU hater, Kansas but really UT [ Finebaum ] Big Steaming Pile: Jamie Dixon should at least consider UCLA HC job

Froglaw

If you morons would actually read the article, he’s calling out the so called TCU fans for not showing up on senior night to say goodbye to two kids who have given their all to TCU the past four years.

He’s saying that Dixon should be annoyed that the crowds have been so pathetic, and wouldn’t be surprised if he at least considered going to a school that shows up for basketball games.

But no, it’s far easier to just read a headline and make a judgment based on a tiny amount of information instead of actually reading something.

And some of you consider yourselves educated. What an embarrassment.

Wolf, Wolf, Wolf !!!!!!!

So he finally wrote a decent article in your opinion.

Here is my take.

Why don't TCU fans so up like Iowa State fans at home games?

Scheduling. TCU has gotten the worst times possible for home games with the exception of the Kansas game and when the TCU fan base showed up en masse.

Numbers. Teams like Tech compete with nothing in Lubbock, a ten minute commute from their managerial position at Wal-Mart, and Tech gives out student admission slots like Cheez-Its at the Bowl Game in Phoenix.

Competition. TCU is in Fort Worth and not Aimes, Lubbock, Waco, Manhattan, Lawrence, Stillwater, Norman, or even Austin (with its enrollment of ten million or whatever). TCU's fan base is stretched between work, baseball, social commitments, other professional sporting events, etc. Lubbock does not have to deal with this issue because it does not exist on the Caprock.

Size. TCU has 8,000 students and approximately 40,000 alumns in the DFW area. TCU students actually want to make good grades and need to study (I wish they would come to our basketball and baseball games, but they don't come in droves). TCU alumni face rush hour traffic from cross town (It takes me an hour to an hour and 1/2 from Dallas) for a Monday night game. Muck Face drives less than 15 minutes from his mother's house where he lives in the basement and writes these articles putting TCU down.

Football. TCU is a football school. My Dad played basketball for the Frogs and I wish it was not true, but it is.

Maybe it will change with winning more games. But losing so many players in season this year hurt the program.

Muck should write about how many fans, including myself, did show up last night despite the DFW traffic, 8:00 start (which is late for kids with school on Tuesday), and cheered when the 7 remaining healthy Frogs tried to rally back.

That would be a great article from the Man who keeps writing about the non-existent wolf at the door.

Last edited:

Brog

It is fine to call fans because they didn’t decide to show up for senior night because of disappointment in the way season has ended up. That isn’t the problem. The issue is Mac always wants to send TCU coaches to other programs with the article premise being: hit his ceiling here, needs change of scenery, fans aren’t making it worth HC’s worthwhile,

Frognosticater somehow doesn't get this. Probably hasn't read some of the other Muck articles.

It is fine to call fans because they didn’t decide to show up for senior night because of disappointment in the way season has ended up. That isn’t the problem. The issue is Mac always wants to send TCU coaches to other programs with the article premise being: hit his ceiling here, needs change of scenery, fans aren’t making it worth HC’s worthwhile,
I'm at a loss to think of who else he suggested should/would leave. Certainly thinks Patterson is here for life. I don't recall him telling Schloss to go elsewhere.

I call out Mac when he writes crap, and I compliment him when he writes good stuff. I refuse to post knee-jerk reactions based on a headline without reading the article.

AroundWorldFrog

I'm at a loss to think of who else he suggested should/would leave. Certainly thinks Patterson is here for life. I don't recall him telling Schloss to go elsewhere.

I call out Mac when he writes crap, and I compliment him when he writes good stuff. I refuse to post knee-jerk reactions based on a headline without reading the article.
You're a click John.

j/k

tetonfrog

Mac loves pissing off our fan base. It is the only thing he is good at. The only thing worse than our reaction to his crap is the fact that he is a TCU employee.

netty2424

TCU, and most other college programs regardless of sport, for the most part have fairly fickle fans. Sporting events, for fans, are an investment of time, money, and resources. When a team blows, people rearrange their priorities.

Dixon wants people to show up, win games.

Moose Stuff

TCU, and most other college programs regardless of sport, for the most part have fairly fickle fans. Sporting events, for fans, are an investment of time, money, and resources. When a team blows, people rearrange their priorities.

Dixon wants people to show up, win games.

I agree, but it’s hard to make an argument that we have anything but a very small base of basketball fans. The team certainly deserves better, especially considering how many season ticket holders we have.

netty2424

I agree, but it’s hard to make an argument that we have anything but a very small base of basketball fans. The team certainly deserves better, especially considering how many season ticket holders we have.
You don’t have to convince me. It frustrating to see that much red in the arena when we played Tech, as an example. Football is no different some games.

And as for the season ticket holders, I honestly don’t know how that process works for basketball. Is it the same as football with all the plus 4’s? Or did we just have that many people put their own seats up for sale? I’m too far away to make basketball games during the week. Can’t justify buying season tickets.

YA

You don’t have to convince me. It frustrating to see that much red in the arena when we played Tech, as an example. Football is no different some games.

And as for the season ticket holders, I honestly don’t know how that process works for basketball. Is it the same as football with all the plus 4’s? Or did we just have that many people put their own seats up for sale? I’m too far away to make basketball games during the week. Can’t justify buying season tickets.
There was no +4 for basketball seats