• The KillerFrogs

Lose the Throw-backs !

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
The basketball throw-back jerseys look great, but I think we are 0-fer when wearing them since Jamie arrived.

Putt4Purple

Football, basketball, baseball.
Jerseys have nothing to do with winning or losing.
To post and continually emphasize that line of thinking is weak. Stand up and do what is best no matter what clothes you/we wear!

SuperTFrog

To post and continually emphasize that line of thinking is weak. Stand up and do what is best no matter what clothes you/we wear!
The Sports Gods are shaking their heads right now, just ask Pedro Serrano.

Dutch

T C U Froooogs
I am just saying that the ‘Frogs’ throw-back we have been wearing in basketball the last 3 years is cursed. (0-3 at home). You must not know very much about sports !

TooColdU

We won the 1st ever game in them against Texas. CJD was coaching.

I think we are 1-4 in them

W vs Texas (2017)
L vs West Virginia (2017)
L @ Kansas St. (2018
L vs Texas Tech (2018)
L vs Kansas (2019)

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I am just saying that the ‘Frogs’ throw-back we have been wearing in basketball the last 3 years is cursed. (0-3 at home). You must not know very much about sports !
So he doesn't know much about sports because he feels like laundry doesn't affect whether the 3 goes in or not? Come on man, you're doing a bit or something right? Or maybe you're Donald Trump...

I mean sure, if we went and bought 15 smedium basic white academy tshirts and had the Alice Carlson kids write TCU in lavender marker and spell names on the back like "Sammmuel", then maybe you have a point.

But badass jersey A versus badass jersey B has zero bearing on a "look good, feel good, play good" mentality.

WhatTheFrog

So he doesn't know much about sports because he feels like laundry doesn't affect whether the 3 goes in or not? Come on man, you're doing a bit or something right? Or maybe you're Donald Trump...

I mean sure, if we went and bought 15 smedium basic white academy tshirts and had the Alice Carlson kids write TCU in lavender marker and spell names on the back like "Sammmuel", then maybe you have a point.

But badass jersey A versus badass jersey B has zero bearing on a "look good, feel good, play good" mentality.
I don't agree with a bunch of this, but I agree overall.

Putt4Purple

Have you ever gotten out of bed on Friday the 13th? (bad luck) Have you ever had an itchy palm? (Good luck) Have you ever broken a mirror? (7 years bad luck)
I dont believe in any of those. I'm not superstitious. Since you believe in sports jinks or superstition then maybe you should consider reevaluating your life beliefs. Clothing or wearing a certain piece of cloth is not a determining factor in how my day is going to go.
P.S. I am a huge sports fan!

Last edited:

frogs9497

Have you ever gotten out of bed on Friday the 13th? ( bad luck) Have you ever had an itchy palm? (Good luck) Have you ever broken a mirror? (7 years bad luck)
I dont believe in any of those. I'm not superstitious. Since you believe in sports jinks or superstition then maybe you should consider reevaluating your life beliefs. Clothing or wearing a certain piece of cloth is not a determining factor in how my day is going to go.

You may have just jinxed yourself.

YA

I accidentally left my 6th man TCU basketball hat Monday night at home and we lost--the clothing curse is real!!!

Purp

Have you ever gotten out of bed on Friday the 13th? ( bad luck) Have you ever had an itchy palm? (Good luck) Have you ever broken a mirror? (7 years bad luck)
I understand your point, but this isn't always true. I think dressing well at work affects performance. It also affects how people perceive you and, consequently, treat you. And I'm pretty sure if I was wearing a haji man dress in the desert I'd be girding up my loins for a pretty darnin' bad day. Or if I were an attractive young female at Baylor wearing a short skirt and revealing top at a party with football players I'd be asking for a bad day.

Purp

I accidentally left my 6th man TCU basketball hat Monday night at home and we lost--the clothing curse is real!!!
Seems like you did yourself a favor. That's like half of the 12th man, which is pretty embarrassing on its own. Half of that would mathematically be twice as embarrassing, right?

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
I remember this scene in Used Cars...

Pharm Frog

I keep seeing this thread and thinking the title says “love the throwbacks” which would be more in line with my feelings. I think they look sharp. Since sitting on my uncomfortable as hell barstool for a game plus OT did not produce a win on Monday as it should have, I’m inclined to leave superstitions to baseball.