• The KillerFrogs

TCU makes national news

Zubaz

1). One can certainly "feel sympathy" for a guy losing his girlfriend AND condemn his actions. Heartbreak is bad, so are sloppy drunks.

2) Trying to establish any sort of equivalency is nonsense. Claiming a causal link between the girlfriends actions and this, or trying to claim that a girlfriend breaking up with her boyfriend via text is in any way related to this story is...just no. It doesn't work like that. Dude requires an international flight to be diverted and gets jail time, the response shouldn't be "yeah well the girl pulled a jerk move".

LisaLT

I want you to go on the record and say that the girlfriend's dumping by text behavior was crap and that young women need to act like adults and break up with people in person because it is the decent thing to do. After that, I will entertain your talk of what young men should do?
You think this idiot reacted appropriately to a supposed “break up text”? That is the only aspect of this situation in question. I doubt this dope would have behaved any differently if the girl had broken up with him in person.

And FYI - maybe she was AFRAID of him and thought it was safer to not break up with him in person. Judging by his behavior, maybe she was right.

ThisIsOurTime

Judging by the way he conducted himself I don't blame her for the TM. Besides, we dont know how long they had been hooking up. What if they had the DTR at Thanksgiving and a week after Finals she said "bye boi"?

It is amazing what lengths some men and women go to in the West to not hold women morally responsible for anything and at the same time, have a very strict standard of how men should be supremely morally responsible.

Last edited:

ThisIsOurTime

1). One can certainly "feel sympathy" for a guy losing his girlfriend AND condemn his actions. Heartbreak is bad, so are sloppy drunks.
Agreed

2) Trying to establish any sort of equivalency is nonsense. Claiming a causal link between the girlfriends actions and this, or trying to claim that a girlfriend breaking up with her boyfriend via text is in any way related to this story is...just no. It doesn't work like that. Dude requires an international flight to be diverted and gets jail time, the response shouldn't be "yeah well the girl pulled a jerk move".

His behavior was worse because it negatively impacted however many people.

But let's be real here, if she doesn't break up with him over text, this whole incident probably doesn't even take place. If she acts like a mature adult and breaks up with him in person, he may still get upset and freak out but far fewer people are inconvenienced.

And it is okay to have two different thoughts. You can say the young man's actions were terrible and still think the woman's dumping over text behavior was crap.

ThisIsOurTime

You think this idiot reacted appropriately to a supposed “break up text”? That is the only aspect of this situation in question. I doubt this dope would have behaved any differently if the girl had broken up with him in person.

Nobody thinks the guy acted appropriately. The difference in doing things in person is far less people would be inconvenienced. It also gives the decency of closure to the other person. How would you want to be treated?

And FYI - maybe she was AFRAID of him and thought it was safer to not break up with him in person. Judging by his behavior, maybe she was right.

I was moved by your other post about not making excuses but then you are making possible excuses for her bad behavior here. An adult breaks up with people in person. That is the standard we should be teaching young men and women. The fact that she might have been afraid of doing it for whatever reasons, doesn't preclude her from acting like an adult. Frankly, young people need to do these things as part of their personal growth and development. This is something people need to learn to do when they are young so they can be able to better tackle more serious problems as they get older. We are not helping our society by shielding young women from these things. If we are going to pretend that men and women are equals; then, we need to hold women morally responsible for their bad acts just as we do men.

Several people have used this judging by his behavior line but this is really a diversion argument. We have no idea about his prior behavior. We only know he had a freak out after a breakup. Frankly, a lot of young people don't handle breakups well but that doesn't mean they are bad kids or even had bad behavior previously. This he was asking for it stuff sounds a whole lot like attacking a woman who was raped because of the length of her dress which we all here would not support. But when it comes to a man...

Bottom line is as a society we should demand a basic decency out of people and this young lady failed that basic decency when she didn't break up in person. We are responsible for our actions and our actions do impact other people. I wonder how many times something more serious happened as a result of people not extending basic decencies to each other? Or also how many times something more serious was avoided because people took the time to do what is right and not what was simply convenient and easy?

BABYFACE

I want you to go on the record and say that the girlfriend's dumping by text behavior was crap and that young women need to act like adults and break up with people in person because it is the decent thing to do. After that, I will entertain your talk of what young men should do?
I get the impression that you had a breakup in your past that still haunts you.

Some breakups are cordial, but most are [ Finebaum ]. Being emotionally hurt doesn’t give us permission to be an arse in public.

It is amazing what lengths some men and women go to in the West to not hold women morally responsible for anything and at the same time, have a very strict standard of how men should be supremely morally responsible.

What if an ex came back around and wanted to get back together? The old feelings come back but she's with a guy she's already emotionally detached from. Does she hook up with the ex and wait for the guy to get back, thereby cheating, or does she just break up with the guy and then go to Pound Town, thereby releasing her conscience of being unfaithful?

Jet Set Frog

Let me preface this by saying I'm not the "give the kid the benefit of the doubt" kind of guy, and believe that, in no way, is the six month incarceration too harsh.

That being said, and as odd as it may sound, I agree with just about every post on this thread. How is that possible? Well, for each statement made, there were a set of assumptions that were or can be made that make it 100% valid. Bottom line is we just don't know enough of the details to know for sure what really happened, or COULD have happened if the lad had taken a different path in his "Choose Your Own Adventure" journey.

Was it seemingly completely insensitive for the girl to dump the guy over a text message right before Christmas? With few details to fill in the blanks, my initial reaction would be "yes, without a doubt". However, it's entirely possible that this guy had repeatedly shown possessive and abusive behavior towards her, and she knew that had she done it in person, she'd likely have taken a beating for it. Maybe she was even counting on him being stuck on a plane for eight hours, giving him time to digest the news and calm down.

Similarly, the girl could have included in the text that she plans to be doing the horizontal tango with his best friend the whole time this guy was in the air.....we just don't know.

Was turning the plane around over-reacting? Possibly, but it's also possible the guy yelled something out during the tussle that crossed the "zero tolerance" line giving them no choice but to RTB.

The only thing I really know for sure is that, had I been on that plan, I'd likely be in jail too, as there is little chance I'd not have kicked this guy so hard in the mommy and daddy buttons that his grandkids would feel it for having not been able to finish the flight to Texas.

netty2424

Toughen up buttercup? It's airline security, international airline security at that, in a post 9/11 world. We can't take a bottle of water through a body scanner, this guy goes full drunky flail bite and you don't think they're turning the plane around? Of course they are. Thinking you probably have it under control isn't gonna cut it. If the dude's skin was darker and he had a beard, I'm guessing this might make a bit more sense to you.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. Hope he enjoys his stay at Ye Olde Jail.
Liked for ‘full drunky flail bite.’

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1

It would be a real shock if this shining example of maturity prior behavior had absolutely nothing to do with getting dumped safely by text when he is thousands of miles away.

I see many break ups in this guy’s future...

Surfrog

@ThisIsOurTime I am not “white knighting."

I simply am who I am: Someone who doesn't put up with people blaming [ Finebaum ] on others for irresponsible actions.

My job is focused on mentoring young men and women be stronger and do some of the toughest jobs in our nation.

Dealing with a POS misogynistic jackwagon is a daily theme for them.

Last week, a client of mine walked half a mile on the street to practice, on the way she got catcalled, followed, and even grabbed by men. Behavior such as that is inexcusable.

To cast blame on the actions of this guy on a text breakup is downright laughable. Yes, breaking up via text is a [ Finebaum ]ty thing to do, but it is not worthy of this and no way in hell justifies the actions.

Do you know the context of the breakup? No.
Do you know what he would do in person? No.
Do you know the EASA Code regarding interference? Probably Not. (FYI he was considered a level 2 in which a diversion is required).
He could have been sentenced to a total of 17 YEARS. He got off light. (5 years maximum x 3 assaults 2-year drunkenness to run consecutively) Instead, he got 6 months.
Do you realize two of the assaults on the plane occurred against women?

What if he did something far worse - would you still blame his actions on a TEXT?

Telling me to "toughen up buttercup" That's cute buddy.
I simply don't put up with [ Finebaum ] like you.

Last edited:

Latest posts