• The KillerFrogs

Alex Delton transferring to TCU

Froggish

I don’t know what your point is but if it has anything to do with Boykin not being amazingly better the second Sonny set foot on campus then I can’t help you. If you and wex want go out of your way to make sure Sonny gets zero credit then be my guest. I’ve lost interest in the discussion.

And if you would like to continue to make excuses for Cumbie it’s your prerogative. Funny how guys tend to get better under Cumbie after 2 years on campus and 15 starts into their career but absolutely suck prior to that. Yet you seem to discount the idea that someone gets better because of experience..

Wake me up when you tell me what happened with Kenny, SR, Grayson, and MC...Who were all 2 years in under Cumbie when hitting the field and proceeding to suck..

My Boykin point still remains he had a QB when he got here who was poised for a breakout after 17 starts under his belt and who everyone acknowledged was an electric athlete with a phenomenal arm. Folks questioned his QB skills Nobody questioned his talent. That’s why he go so much better. He was a developed talent placed into a proven QB friendly system

tetonfrog

My Boykin point still remains he had a QB when he got here who was poised for a breakout after 17 starts under his belt and who everyone acknowledged was an electric athlete with a phenomenal arm. Folks questioned his QB skills Nobody questioned his talent. That’s why he go so much better. He was a developed talent placed into a proven QB friendly system

That is BS.

No one predicted Boykin would break out. We were all thrilled when Joeckel transferred in from ATM and said he would win the job. Cumbie coached up Boykin. Period. There is no argument about that..........unless we are counting yours today.

I have a lot of questions about SC's play calling, but he can coach up QBs. We will find out for sure with JR and Max this year and down the road. But if you argue that Boykin improved leaps and bound without the help of SC (and Meach), then you are lost.

Are you a troll or are you an alum that hates your school? Seriously. I have not read one positive word about anything TCU related from you. What is your problem?

LisaLT

Delton didn't really play much last year, right? I am having a hard time remembering what his skill set is. I guess we have plenty of time to figure out how best to use him.

Froggish

That is BS.

No one predicted Boykin would break out. We were all thrilled when Joeckel transferred in from ATM and said he would win the job. Cumbie coached up Boykin. Period. There is no argument about that..........unless we are counting yours today.

I have a lot of questions about SC's play calling, but he can coach up QBs. We will find out for sure with JR and Max this year and down the road. But if you argue that Boykin improved leaps and bound without the help of SC (and Meach), then you are lost.

Are you a troll or are you an alum that hates your school? Seriously. I have not read one positive word about anything TCU related from you. What is your problem?
TCU alum ...love my school and love the football program...Not trolling just making the argument that Cumbies reputation as a QB whisperer is not warranted. Improvement in play is as much about experience as it is anything else. The fact remains Cumbie showed up and had a QB here with 16+ starts and 3250 yards of passing and 22 TD passes. That’s pretty good stuff to work with. Can we at least agree on that?

And as I’ve said before I’ve been around here for a long while under the name FrogLifeYo but had some issues with password recovery after my phone was replaced...Healthy debate that’s fact based shouldn’t be considered trolling..

tetonfrog

TCU alum ...love my school and love the football program...Not trolling just making the argument that Cumbies reputation as a QB whisperer is not warranted. Improvement in play is as much about experience as it is anything else. The fact remains Cumbie showed up and had a QB here with 16+ starts and 3250 yards of passing and 22 TD passes. That’s pretty good stuff to work with. Can we at least agree on that?

And as I’ve said before I’ve been around here for a long while under the name FrogLifeYo but had some issues with password recovery after my phone was replaced...Healthy debate that’s fact based shouldn’t be considered trolling..

So we disagree then about Boykin. Fine. But let's focus on Tre.Stick with facts.

He was terrible the first two years he played. A lot of that had to with coaching and the preparation he put in. Yes, the change ot the spread/hurry up helped him a lot. But that is coaching, too. His throwing motion was shortened and he learned how to read coverages better under SC.

Do you remember when he played in Stillwater as a frosh and soph? It was as bad as QB play as you can get. Worse than Shawn Robinson this year. And he was not hurt. Or how about the identical red-zone interceptions he threw against ISU and other opponents those two years. That is not learning how to play QB. Can you give me any examples of how he improved when he was a sophomore because I and a lot of other posters here did not see it.

That changed under SC. Period. Boykin was a much-improved player as a junior and was even better as a senior. SC had something to do with that. I am sure Tre would agree with me.He was not poised for a break-out year. We all prayed that Joeckel would win the job and give us steady QB play.

And, if you love TCU like you say, please find and repost a positive comment about a TCU player or coach you have made. And there is a way to reset your password on here. I have done it many times. I am sure the mods can help you out, too.

LawFrog504

I completely agree man. This notion that he is this QB guru is mind boggling to me. He stumbled into a first round pick at receiver in 14-15 that masked a TON of deficiencies in this offense. The ability to fall back and heave jump balls at Doctson masked a ton of issues with his offense and play calling. Then Doctson is gone and 16-17 we see god awful to extremely average QB play. Then we see the utter dumpster fire of QB that took place this past year, with the most talented QB to step foot on campus (based on recruiting ranking). Cumbie had 2 full years with a 6'3 230 pound kid with a cannon arm and he puts forward the absolute crap we just spent 5 months witnessing. Crucify me if you want but with the exception of 2 all time TCU talents in 14-15 he has shown no ability to produce an above average quarterback. He showed no ability whatsover last year to tailor an offense around the strengths of a QB, and then we spent all summer saying "we need to have 2 guys ready to go" and in reality we had zero. Cumbie entered the bowl game with a 5th year 4th string QB and decided that slinging it across the yard with this kid was the best course of action.
Cumbie can certainly attract highly rated and talented QB's. There is no debating that. But this notion that he is this QB whisperer that turns water into wine is absolutely ludicrous at this point

Chongo94

I completely agree man. This notion that he is this QB guru is mind boggling to me. He stumbled into a first round pick at receiver in 14-15 that masked a TON of deficiencies in this offense. The ability to fall back and heave jump balls at Doctson masked a ton of issues with his offense and play calling. Then Doctson is gone and 16-17 we see god awful to extremely average QB play. Then we see the utter dumpster fire of QB that took place this past year, with the most talented QB to step foot on campus (based on recruiting ranking). Cumbie had 2 full years with a 6'3 230 pound kid with a cannon arm and he puts forward the absolute crap we just spent 5 months witnessing. Crucify me if you want but with the exception of 2 all time TCU talents in 14-15 he has shown no ability to produce an above average quarterback. He showed no ability whatsover last year to tailor an offense around the strengths of a QB, and then we spent all summer saying "we need to have 2 guys ready to go" and in reality we had zero. Cumbie entered the bowl game with a 5th year 4th string QB and decided that slinging it across the yard with this kid was the best course of action.
Cumbie can certainly attract highly rated and talented QB's. There is no debating that. But this notion that he is this QB whisperer that turns water into wine is absolutely ludicrous at this point

This seems to be glossed over too often by many people.