• The KillerFrogs

Alex Delton transferring to TCU

4th. down

I’ll accept that and I appreciate that you are actually throwing some logical reason as to why we can win with Delton. I don’t disagree that we are talented on both sides of the ball but I have yet to see a one dimensional team be more than just pretty good. To win the Big12 I think the QB play has to be better then game manager level. Either way all indications are that Delton is a fantastic kid who will be a steady influence and that’s great

It's possible that Sonny can tweak Delton's game and he turns out better than what we are presently expecting. Delton can probably get us thru our 1st. 4 games before we go to Iowa State and by that time, maybe Rogers will be healthy enough to start and then we also have Collins, so there's that.

Froggish

It's possible that Sonny can tweak Delton's game and he turns out better than what we are presently expecting. Delton can probably get us thru our 1st. 4 games before we go to Iowa State and by that time, maybe Rogers will be healthy enough to start and then we also have Collins, so there's that.
I’d love that...Think what you described would be best case scenario

Wexahu

So in your scenario we go 4-0 with Delton and then in Game 5 at Ames we're going to decide to start a kid who basically hasn't played since his junior year in HS? That's not happening, I can assure you of that.

4th. down

So in your scenario we go 4-0 with Delton and then in Game 5 at Ames we're going to decide to start a kid who basically hasn't played since his junior year in HS? That's not happening, I can assure you of that.

I'm not implying that Rogers did not go thru summer and fall workouts nor didn't play any in the 1st. 4 games. What I am implying is that given TIME, he hopefully will get better physically. Right now, IMHO, if Rogers was a 100% healthy, he would wipe the floor with what we have. He's just that good.

Wexahu

I'm not implying that Rogers did not go thru summer and fall workouts nor didn't play any in the 1st. 4 games. What I am implying is that given TIME, he hopefully will get better physically. Right now, IMHO, if Rogers was a 100% healthy, he would wipe the floor with what we have. He's just that good.

I don't see how anyone could possibly know that at this point. I hope you're right, but do you realize how many kids there have been that were supposed to be great that weren't? Heck, I remember people acting like Shawn Robinson being a Heisman-caliber player was almost a foregone conclusion.

4th. down

I don't see how anyone could possibly know that at this point. I hope you're right, but do you realize how many kids there have been that were supposed to be great that weren't? Heck, I remember people acting like Shawn Robinson being a Heisman-caliber player was almost a foregone conclusion.

Unfortunately, I do remember.

Moose Stuff

I feel like we’ve got a bunch of people that are gonna be real surprised at how good Max Duggan is gonna be.

BABYFACE

The Long Dong Silver Package?
giphy.gif

Froggish

I feel like we’ve got a bunch of people that are gonna be real surprised at how good Max Duggan is gonna be.
I think a lot of us think he’s going to be really really good. I’m not sure if that is going to be the case by the opening game..Seems like a lot to ask for given Cumbies track record with young QBs.

Moose Stuff

I think a lot of us think he’s going to be really really good. I’m not sure if that is going to be the case by the opening game..Seems like a lot to ask for given Cumbies track record with young QBs.

I’m talking in general. Not by September necessarily. And what exactly is Sonny's track record with young QB’s? We’ve had one truly rough year since he’s been here and it was this year when Robinson was never healthy.

Froggish

I’m talking in general. Not by September necessarily. And what exactly is Sonny's track record with young QB’s? We’ve had one truly rough year since he’s been here and it was this year when Robinson was never healthy.
I doubt this is a productive conversation for either of us because we rarely agree..
Hill 2016 (2nd year in system)
Robinson - I’ll give you He was dinged up. But how does that excuse his poor execution.
Collins - (2nd year in System)
Muehl - (5 years in)

Hill got a lot better in 17 but looked unprepared in 16. The others...Well we know about them. Some may question their talent..I question how well they were coached. It’s irrelevant. We do agree that Duggan hasn’t a chance to be really great for us.

Moose Stuff

I doubt this is a productive conversation for either of us because we rarely agree..
Hill 2016 (2nd year in system)
Robinson - I’ll give you He was dinged up. But how does that excuse his poor execution.
Collins - (2nd year in System)
Muehl - (5 years in)

Hill got a lot better in 17 but looked unprepared in 16. The others...Well we know about them. Some may question their talent..I question how well they were coached. It’s irrelevant. We do agree that Duggan hasn’t a chance to be really great for us.
Kenny was an above average college and the guy you omitted (Boykin) was a star. Robinson is an incomplete at worst, Collins played pretty well for a back-up transferring in from an Ivy League school, and the Muehl just wasn’t that good, though he did manage to go 3-0. IMO, there is more current evidence that Sonny is good at developing QB’s as there is that he isn’t.