• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

FrogLifeYo

If we are ever going to turn the corner and compete for all the glory we have to win in the trenches. Coker is a great start towards that. Assuming it sticks, We have a very nice O-Line class and some nice pieces at DL to build on..Winning and loosing goes a long way towards National perception and at the end of the day recruiting is as much a popularity contest as anything..

Moose Stuff

If we are ever going to turn the corner and compete for all the glory we have to win in the trenches. Coker is a great start towards that. Assuming it sticks, We have a very nice O-Line class and some nice pieces at DL to build on..Winning and loosing goes a long way towards National perception and at the end of the day recruiting is as much a popularity contest as anything..

Success starts (and often ends) with the OL/DL. Wisconsin has built a perennial top 15 program basically off just their OL and a solid RB every year.

FrogLifeYo

One thing is certain...There will be plenty of surprises come singing day..Im sure some will be good and a few we won’t like..either way it’s gonna be a fun ride.

FrogLifeYo

Some buzz now that Payton Powell is firmly in play for us. I could see the staff changing their tune on giving him a shot to play QB with SR gone now.
Nothing wrong with letting him compete at QB as long as we are clear that we think we have bette talent at the position. The problem is that it sends the wrong message to Max and JR who I’m sure we promised that they would be the only QBs in their classes

tetonfrog

Nothing wrong with letting him compete at QB as long as we are clear that we think we have bette talent at the position. The problem is that it sends the wrong message to Max and JR who I’m sure we promised that they would be the only QBs in their classes

I bet SC put in a phone call to them after SR transferred. I doubt either Max or JR have any issues with their confidence.

I think we lose players due to the fact we don’t make promises like that. So happy Coker is staying put he is a real talent! Go Frogs!!