• The KillerFrogs

2019 Recruiting Thread

Eight

TCU, Florida, Miami and many others were all over this kid after his soph year. He committed to Florida after his junior year.

andrew has had a frame similar to lucas niang since his sophomore year.

the struggle for him his first two years in high school were carrying too much bad weight that hurt his movement and his conditioning. the raw tools were there very similar to big ross in his high school tape. the was real discussion as to whether coker had a shot at being a tackle in college or if it was straight to guard.

andrew kills it between his junior and senior year and you can see the difference between his junior year and this year. he looks like a legit tackle prospect now, he can get out in front on screens and when taylor asked him to pull, was able to consistently get to the second level when blocking, and you could most importantly see his confidence grow as he started to become a dominant high school lineman.

i do agree with froglifeyo that i can see andrew following a path very similar to lucas and start inside (would love to see him next to niang) and then slide outside later in his career.

oh, and if andrew happens to see this thread notice the job big marcus is doing protecting brady's right side. mutliple super bowl rings for those tcu nfl offensive tackles so they are not only drawing checks but doing so for winning teams.

Moose Stuff

Nothing wrong with letting him compete at QB as long as we are clear that we think we have bette talent at the position. The problem is that it sends the wrong message to Max and JR who I’m sure we promised that they would be the only QBs in their classes

They both seem smart enough to get it.

asleep003

Nothing wrong with letting him compete at QB as long as we are clear that we think we have bette talent at the position. The problem is that it sends the wrong message to Max and JR who I’m sure we promised that they would be the only QBs in their classes

What about the wrong message to Collins. Truly all 3 are going to be good, and the smarter/most calm under pressure will win the job. But yes Powel should get his shot too. And Backups have played pivotal rolls for the Frogs over the past few years... plus if he isn't 2 deep material with this present group, sure he'll get the occasional run pass option play.

East Coast

Tier 1
Forgive me if I don't lose sleep over this.

He won't be the first recruit we lose to the Whorns and he won't be the last. At the same time, I thought he loved TCU and GP. If his trainer and his parents want him in Austin, then that is where he will go. Period. Next recruit/man up.
It is one thing to pay attention and go where your parents are comfortable, but changing your mind based on what your trainer is saying is a zero. You’ve got to have more mental fortitude and self confidence than that.

FrogLifeYo

What about the wrong message to Collins. Truly all 3 are going to be good, and the smarter/most calm under pressure will win the job. But yes Powel should get his shot too. And Backups have played pivotal rolls for the Frogs over the past few years... plus if he isn't 2 deep material with this present group, sure he'll get the occasional run pass option play.
Collins was a transfer in and has far less eligibility than the others..I know our pitch to him wasn’t that we wouldn’t recruit any other QBs

asleep003

Hard to find a bad team with a good OL.

It's really hard to get this thru many, on this site, as they are so hung up on skilled position players only. A really well recruited and coached OL can turn a 3* into an apparent 4* looking QB or RB over night. The same on the DL... makes 3* LBs and DBs look like diamonds in the rough recruits when they show up bigger than expected on Saturdays.

P5 teams have little problem collecting adequate skilled players to make big plays. it's the trenches that is a struggle to achieve enough quality to finish in the top 10, which we've been able to do 6 times since 2007, not to mention 2 were Top 5 teams.